PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A fishing type venue but for bugs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123

Jergal's AvatarJergal
I'd love a bug catching system similar to the fishing system - old net + different areas and similar/same bait and rock situation. I think having a variety would be really fun and engaging!
Img by me
Axolotlovers's AvatarAxolotlovers
Wow an idea put in suggestion that actually could be done.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⡤⠤⠤⠤⣄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢴⠋⠙⠳⣤⡀⣠⠖⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠓⠤⡀⣠⡴⠟⠛⣷⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠈⠳⢤⣀⢈⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢏⣀⣠⡴⠋⠀⠀ ⢀⣠⣤⣄⣄⣉⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣇⣡⣤⡴⣦⣀ ⢹⣅⡀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡏⠁⠀⢀⣠⠏ ⠀⠈⠙⠉⢋⣉⣇⠀⠀⣾⣷⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢴⣿⡆⠀⢀⣿⡙⠋⠋⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢤⠶⠋⠉⢈⣦⡀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⣠⣎⠈⠉⠛⢷⡀⠀ ⠀⠀⠻⣤⣤⠶⠋⠀⠈⠑⠠⠄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠤⠐⠉⠀⠈⠻⠶⠖⠶⠃⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠃⠤⡀⠀⡠⠤⢱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡎⠀⠉⠁⠀⠉⠉⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⢀⠤⡀⠀⡠⢄⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠢⣀⣀⣀⣈⡠⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡌⡇⠀⣎⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢡⡇⣸⠜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠓⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Support! I think something akin to the Bug Catching Contests from the mainline games could be really fun!
Travelling Chef born in Kalos, currently exploring Paldea!
(Roleplay-ish Account, Message me for my free fields!)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
If I were to do something like this, I would want it to be with a different kind of minigame rather than just duplicating the Fishing feature.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Jergal's AvatarJergal

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

If I were to do something like this, I would want it to be with a different kind of minigame rather than just duplicating the Fishing feature.
That's fair! I was thinking more for the sake of ease in terms of coding, but maybe having a feature that's night/day sensitive and locations that spawn different variants (fields for butterfly type, water for skimmers, caves for spiders) Where it could differ is maybe players would have a set of options to approach to not scare off the bug and players must get a certain distance in order for the catch option to appear - this comes with the risk of frightening the bug off, however. Each 1 step = more chance of fleeing. That's just one option though! I'd love to know if you had any thoughts about it!
Eggy's AvatarEggy
I would love this! Maybe instead of the mechanics that were proposed, how about something like chasing the bug through grass, a puddle of water etc.? It could be similar to/inspired by the Kinaster minigame where you chase Kinaster through numbered tiles and try to get a higher score. Maybe instead of going through numbered tiles, you move through or click on patches of very tall grass/cattails/reeds and get a hint of where the bug is (it would be hidden in one of the tiles). The more turns you take, the more wary it becomes; taking too many steps would scare it off entirely. If you manage to get onto the same tile where the hidden bug is, you can then catch it. Then from there you can choose to either send it to your fields or to the Shelter.
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
I actually really like this idea and I feel like it would be a great chance to find bug Pokemon most can't be found in the shelter right away but I feel like people would enjoy looking for bugs that aren't that easy to obtain through the shelter.
Pfp from Pfq
JUSTICEBEETLE's AvatarJUSTICEBEETLE
as a huge bug type fan i support this even though ive never toughed the fishing thing. i hope it could be more fun and i can get some cute bugs, hehe
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal TYPE RACE SCORE: 0 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
Meki1's AvatarMeki1
Support I love mini games and this sounds fun + I love bug Pokémon 🐛
51/100 White Stone progress
24/100 Rage Feather progress
3/99 Gimmighoul Coin progress
more legend hunts here i have shops ps: looking for a shiny (non-delta) ditto pm if have one for sale current hunt: Lunatone
ChillinArk's AvatarChillinArk
Support and I loved the bug catching contests lol so this would be great!
when will I hatch a shiny delta zorua hisui returning player, was away for 2 years

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page