PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Allow delta type parents to influence eggs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Hello! So I have been thinking about this suggestion for a while. I know the title is abit confusing so let me explain a bit. When breeding 2 pokemon together the parents typing influences the odds of the delta type for the eggs created similar to the V-wave. For example if I breed Beldum with a Ditto and delta the eggs those eggs have increased odds to hatch as Normal (because of Ditto) or Steel or Psychic (because of Beldum). I do not know the exact amount the influence is but it is significant enough to notice. However if I was to breed a water delta Ditto with a water delta Beldum the child eggs still have the increased odds of being Normal/Steel/Psychic as stated above. This suggestion is to change the way the delta type inheritance system works so it accounts for parents delta types instead of their species types. Positive points: -Adds value to regular deltas, because users may want to breed certain delta types together for a targeted delta type. -makes delta hunting for specific targets slightly easier. Negative: -May cause delta hunting to be more easier than intended.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
I really like this idea! I feel like it would make delta hunting more interesting especially for people collecting certain delta types such as ice deltas or ghost deltas but overall I support this 100%!
Pfp from Pfq
ShadowRotom's AvatarShadowRotom
I support! A question though, would this affect both parents or only a foreign one(ie the different species to the egg)? Assuming both are delta in this situation. Also, how would the probability rates be affected by this?
Shoot me a PM if you ever want to talk! My door is always open and I have experience with mental health issues. Spinarak drawn by me

QUOTE originally posted by ShadowRotom

I support! A question though, would this affect both parents or only a foreign one(ie the different species to the egg)? Assuming both are delta in this situation. Also, how would the probability rates be affected by this?
It would affect both parents. So if I bred that water delta Ditto with a regular Beldum the delta influence would be Water/Psychic/Steel instead of just Warer like in my example. So non-delta parents would behave as normal but once a delta parent is involved their delta type overrides their species type influence. Hope that makes sense ^-^
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
I do like this in theory, but idk would it make delta Ditto too OP? Maybe not since Ditto is still somewhat hard to get a hold of, and can't get the parent type influence at all anyway, so maybe it would be ok. But yes, genderless Pokemon like you said are frustrating, when I was delta-ing my bred Porygon I got so many normals. Ended up ordering from the supplier just for better variety. And there's some egg groups that just don't have a lot of type variety. (Looking at you, water 2) TL;DR: idk either if this is "balanced" but I would definitely like this and if it happened maybe I'd delta hunt Porygon one day

QUOTE originally posted by Mirzam

I do like this in theory, but idk would it make delta Ditto too OP? Maybe not since Ditto is still somewhat hard to get a hold of, and can't get the parent type influence at all anyway, so maybe it would be ok. But yes, genderless Pokemon like you said are frustrating, when I was delta-ing my bred Porygon I got so many normals. Ended up ordering from the supplier just for better variety. And there's some egg groups that just don't have a lot of type variety. (Looking at you, water 2) TL;DR: idk either if this is "balanced" but I would definitely like this and if it happened maybe I'd delta hunt Porygon one day
I can definitely understand the uncertainty about being 'balanced', I like to believe that the effort a player has to put in to obtain a breeding pair with delta types the prefer would balance this out as well as that it would bring use to regular delta pokemon and encourage users to buy/sell nore regular deltas rather than endlessly giving them to Sally. Also just due to the difficulty of delta hunting with a specific target species type in mind I do think it would be beneficial to make it slightly easier since the task of delta hunting is quite daunting already, and since it wouldn't affect the base odds of a certain delta type, just slightly altering the inheriting system I think it should be okay in my opinion. As for delta ditto, outside of genderless pokemon I do think that the lower breeding rate with regular pokemon would be a sort of risk vs reward decision, does a player want a higher breeding % to make better eggs, or do they want to use a better breeding pair that may not have the delta type they like. Just in summary I think delta hunting is already hard and uses an incredible amount of resources as is. I think making it slightly easier to influence typing would be more QoL rather than unbalanced.
ShadowRotom's AvatarShadowRotom
I hope I'm allowed a friendly bump!
I support this, I don't do deltas myself but it makes sense, and might actually help the delta market a little, as deltas would be sought out to make breeding pairs!
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
SeshieLover's AvatarSeshieLover
I am in support of this if it can be done. I think it would help add to the delta market value even if it was making it easier for delta hunting.
My type race0. My trade thread can be found here
× 441 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei
I don't know which of us is misunderstanding - to use your same example, I'm pretty sure there's only the 40% chance of a normal-delta beldum + the 20% v~ + the 40% random for a full 100% delta chance - right? We're you proposing changing it to include the type of the parent that's the same species as well? Because it doesn't currently, only the parent that's of a different species as the egg. Other than that, it would be FANTASTIC to give deltas a further function as well as prevent people from getting locked into certain delta type with such frequency - genderless has this issue plus a lot of monogender, or kinaster

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
0 pts .

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page