PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Split adoption passes

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 1234567

Peckish's Avatarhypermode-12.pngPeckish
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngc+.png
bump
Icon by Flyeahfy for my use Grookey
summon_zar.png 162/250 Till my Zarude hunt!
bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Hakano Riku's AvatarHakano Riku
grandmaster.pngb.png
Not sure how to feel about this one. On one hand, more adopts sounds great from a hatching and player standpoint, but...It would result in needing to rework more than just Shazi bonus. Being able to hatch more eggs every day will result in more specials flooding the market again which was precisely what the reworked special rates was trying to mitigate. Lowering the special rates to offset this will upset those who click a ton and put a lot of effort in to hatching; it's hard to hatch a lot in a day! Not to mention the effects on tournaments, the type race, the rate at which bonuses are filled, and so on. "More eggs" affects more than you'd think!
A potential alternative to this, would actually be to move the "shelter pass" system over to the daycare to allow more adopts from the daycare as opposed to the shelter. This would fix the problem of the shelter becoming a fighting ground for eggs, give players more of their own eggs (people also complain about the shelter being flooded with everstone bred eggs/not the nature they want), easier adopting and less accidental eggs, and maybe...Make the shelter be used more for its intended purpose, hopefully? I believe the shelter was intended on being a way to "rescue" Pokemon and Eggs that were unwanted by players (and fill your dex/hoards/whatever else in the process) as opposed to being a way to just get more eggs only. That's what breeding and the daycare is for, but any leftover eggs are still released to the shelter (hopefully less as a result) for those who still need egg dexes or want to hatch unique Pokemon they can't breed themselves. Naturally players would still snatch more eggs from the shelter, but hopefully less would complain as a result! Hopefully. Unfortunately any change to the total amount of adopts themselves will have an impact on more than one part of the site; the economy, the tournaments, type races, and so on will all be affected and likely need slight tweaking to the numbers. The domino effect is real with this one haha. While I would love to be able to adopt more, I don't think adding more total adopts would be as simple and harmless a suggestion to the site as you'd think. Everything in a game like this needs to be balanced, else certain aspects start to spiral out of control. The only reason something like the Daycare Passes works, is because in order to get them you sink GP back into the site removing it from the economy, which the resulting specials feeds into. TL;DR if it's viable, I'm all for, if it's not, perhaps moving the shelter pass into the daycare instead would be a good alternative ^^
Avatar of Dian Rubens from Spice & Wolf
2.pngx.pngo.pngw.png
Type Race Score: 0
Type Race Clicklist: HERE
RailaRoxie's Avatarhypermode-12.pngv-grass.pngRailaRoxie
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Hakano Riku

A potential alternative to this, would actually be to move the "shelter pass" system over to the daycare to allow more adopts from the daycare as opposed to the shelter. This would fix the problem of the shelter becoming a fighting ground for eggs, give players more of their own eggs (people also complain about the shelter being flooded with everstone bred eggs/not the nature they want), easier adopting and less accidental eggs, and maybe...Make the shelter be used more for its intended purpose, hopefully? I believe the shelter was intended on being a way to "rescue" Pokemon and Eggs that were unwanted by players (and fill your dex/hoards/whatever else in the process) as opposed to being a way to just get more eggs only. That's what breeding and the daycare is for, but any leftover eggs are still released to the shelter (hopefully less as a result) for those who still need egg dexes or want to hatch unique Pokemon they can't breed themselves. Naturally players would still snatch more eggs from the shelter, but hopefully less would complain as a result! Hopefully. Unfortunately any change to the total amount of adopts themselves will have an impact on more than one part of the site; the economy, the tournaments, type races, and so on will all be affected and likely need slight tweaking to the numbers. The domino effect is real with this one haha. While I would love to be able to adopt more, I don't think adding more total adopts would be as simple and harmless a suggestion to the site as you'd think. Everything in a game like this needs to be balanced, else certain aspects start to spiral out of control. The only reason something like the Daycare Passes works, is because in order to get them you sink GP back into the site removing it from the economy, which the resulting specials feeds into. TL;DR if it's viable, I'm all for, if it's not, perhaps moving the shelter pass into the daycare instead would be a good alternative ^^
I would like to mention that what you've described here was actually the original suggestion! This suggestion is an alternative after this solution was rejected.

Raila / Sorrel | Early 20s

I do charm swaps/rentals for 30 gp/equiv @ shop or just send a trade!
Hakano Riku's AvatarHakano Riku
grandmaster.pngb.png
Oh no! Haha, well I do believe I missed that one. I think it's a helpful idea overall, but if it was voted as a no by the users...I guess we're stuck with what we have! Well shoot, there goes that idea 😂
Bump

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page