PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Opinions on TR team threads

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123

FloydLeech's AvatarFloydLeech
From someone who's lead teams a few times, i do like the voting system, but i do sometimes feel worried about it when the deadline gets close and nobody else has shown up for leader position, and thus I feel kind of..obligated i suppose? To lead out myself, even though i don't really want to. I think a little reward could incentivise more people to try for the position, and if they're not good at it, we will know for next time that they shouldn't get the position and we can choose someone else. But, I don't personally have an opinion on what kind of reward or how big it should be; it's a good idea though, i think. Maybe not Too big since I wouldn't want people taking team leader position just for the reward without doing anything though? But i haven't been part of many teams where that's the case thankfully
Please check out my shop!
CuteMewte's AvatarCuteMewte
An active member reward alongside a team leader reward could be nice to incite interaction and activity as a team for team cohesion. A reward for those that help the team a lot too could also be nice. Though I guess that might be a bit hard to set up beyond the team leaders maybe voting or sending in those individuals names or staff checking activity and atmosphere.
Haara's AvatarHaara
I think voting and review at the end about the leader is helpful. If they get rated pretty bad, there should be some system that prevent them from running again for X time. My last TR our leader supposedly had their account locked. So our team took to doing the work. So I don't think they should be able to be TR leader again for awhile. (Even if only a month)
"I realized that love might be when we both face the same direction and walk towards the future together" - Its ALL -for you- by Re:Vale 𝄆💕𝄇 Image Credit: Paradox Live Official Art.
arbor's Avatararbor

QUOTE originally posted by CuteMewte

An active member reward alongside a team leader reward could be nice to incite interaction and activity as a team for team cohesion. A reward for those that help the team a lot too could also be nice. Though I guess that might be a bit hard to set up beyond the team leaders maybe voting or sending in those individuals names or staff checking activity and atmosphere.
I think the Z-crystal fragments serve as an “active member” reward. If you participate, you can get your own personal rewards even if the team does badly; if the team does well, you get even more rewards.
arbor ☼ journal: 838 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Twickers14's AvatarTwickers14
I think the vote based system has turned out quite well, my last couple type races have had very good leaders! I also think a small reward for leaders would be cool, it’s A LOT of work which does intimidate a lot of people (me), so I think it would be very nice to reward the people who are able to do it well. I like the idea of a forum title because it kind of eliminates people will do it soley for the reward and then do a bad job. An extra fragment is a really good idea as well! Overall I really like the system and am looking forward to any changes that are implemented!! :D
I ask about when a team has no offical leader, I feel that the players should be able to rate the most team leader like, because otherwise if there is no leader then how can there be a vote? I also feel the people should be able to vote in a leader if there is none at the start.
  • Shop
  • The Family of Ev
  • Credits
  • Type Race
  • Shiny Hunt
  • High King Fae
  • Queen Glacier
  • King Meadow
  • King Philo
  • King Nightshade
  • King Thunder
  • King Aquarius
  • King Blaze
Destiny Knot

Destiny Knot

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

A fateful ball of string. If held by a parent, then children will inherit more stats than usual.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 73 — 7,169 / 16,207
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fairy
Happiness MAX
Quirky nature
Lv. 34 — 277 / 3,571
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ice
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
Lv. 15 — 235 / 721
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Hardy nature
Lv. 41 — 2,154 / 5,167
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness MAX
Calm nature
Lv. 15 — 235 / 721
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Hardy nature
Lv. 26 — 1,024 / 2,107
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dark
Happiness MAX
Rash nature
Lv. 37 — 3,444 / 4,219
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Mild nature
Lv. 43 — 2,988 / 5,677
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Water
Happiness MAX
Modest nature
Lv. 45 — 219 / 6,211
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fire
Happiness MAX
Brave nature
Art, Profile Image, and Code By Me
Type Race: 0 Points
1/175
CuteMewte's AvatarCuteMewte

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

QUOTE originally posted by CuteMewte

I think the Z-crystal fragments serve as an “active member” reward. If you participate, you can get your own personal rewards even if the team does badly; if the team does well, you get even more rewards.
It does, but at the same time that can happen while ignoring the team and other things like that and not really working as one, when there's people that help out the leaders and other members with items, pokemon and more as well as hosting raffles and other things like that.
AmaraDreamer's AvatarAmaraDreamer
So far the worst situation seems to be where the leader of a team gets their account locked and cannot update their post. This happened to the water team this month, which I was in :( We managed (we were so small it didn't matter very much) but it was a little demoralizing as a member to have this neat first post and it never be updated
Reyal's AvatarReyal
I wasn't on the site prior to the current system, so I can't compare them, but I'd like to put in my two cents regardless. :3 At first, I was somewhat confused about the whole voting thing (and admittedly a little annoyed at the multiple news alerts) especially because I couldn't figure out what the requirements are. Looking at the threads, I assumed you had to be really good at code to get voted in because I didn't realize they were pre-made templates. After a couple of races I learned a bit more about it and it makes sense. I appreciate the option to vote, even if I don't because I don't know the people. I also appreciate the news posts to update us on timing for it, lol! I do think the leaders should get something for all they do, but I also worry that incentives might make it harder for sincere new people to try. Personally, I admit I'm rather anxious about the idea of trying to be a TR leader, but at the same time I want to try it. Since my favorite pokemon is Vulpix, I resolved to try for the leader position when I'm on the Fire team. However, the thought of numerous other people also trying mostly due to incentives makes me feel a lot more timid about even trying. I really like the idea of some kind of badge or title or something for the leaders. That way it in no way has a monetary value. Something temporary though, so it's not a "one and done" incentive. Like, maybe something that lasts 3 months? That way people are still encouraged to do it again, but not necessarily every single month in case new people want to try. It also encourages those people to let new people try, because they don't need to do it every month to keep the title. I think the leader rating afterwards might be a little crazy, but it could also be a good idea. Maybe just an automated poll with Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, and Abstain. A write-in or drop-down entry for "MVP" would be nice. That player could also have a title or something, but only for a month so they're encouraged to give that sort of effort every time. Maybe make it so anybody who gets X amount of MVP votes can get the title. All in all, I really like the idea of a reward rather than incentive. An incentive typically has a market value of some kind and could attract people who don't have the team's best interests in mind. A reward such as a title or badge or whatever won't attract people who just want to profit, especially if it's limited time, and a simple "yes/no/abstain" rating system would help weed out anyone else not giving their best.
Avatar made here with free personal use. Substitutes by KitKatKutie2

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I wonder if "being a team leader" should come with some kind of reward? A small one, of course, since a large one would be unfair. Or maybe, once the type race is over, players can rate their team leader's performance, and have a reward based on that? These ideas would incentivise people to be a team leader, but I'm worried it may bring resentment if the reward is too generous. Maybe I'm worrying too much?
A team leader reward base wouldn't be ideal in my opinion because it brings back the initial critisim from the change (ie more popular players would be picked even if they wouldn't necessarily do a better job). However, the ability to reward a team leader based on a number of factors (team placing+team member response at the very least) would be cool, as would possibly adding some form of MVP reward overall (perhaps to the person on the team who scored the most points? or a nomination system based on player votes) to give something to the teams who didn't have someone step up in time. I'm basing my suggestions on 1) playing for a little more than a year so I saw both systems but wasn't baised towards the old one and 2) my own feelings from running the thread for my team during the october type race. While leaders have a small hand in how well the team does they are the ones setting the ground work for the team to spring board off of. I would love a good way to reward the great team leaders and keep encouragement for the good or so-so leaders, or the leaders who dealt with real life messing up the running for type race.
Looking for anyone who would be willing to IV breed Petal Maravol.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page