PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Opinions on TR team threads

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Opinions on TR team threads >

Reyal's AvatarReyal
master.pnge.png
I wasn't on the site prior to the current system, so I can't compare them, but I'd like to put in my two cents regardless. :3 At first, I was somewhat confused about the whole voting thing (and admittedly a little annoyed at the multiple news alerts) especially because I couldn't figure out what the requirements are. Looking at the threads, I assumed you had to be really good at code to get voted in because I didn't realize they were pre-made templates. After a couple of races I learned a bit more about it and it makes sense. I appreciate the option to vote, even if I don't because I don't know the people. I also appreciate the news posts to update us on timing for it, lol! I do think the leaders should get something for all they do, but I also worry that incentives might make it harder for sincere new people to try. Personally, I admit I'm rather anxious about the idea of trying to be a TR leader, but at the same time I want to try it. Since my favorite pokemon is Vulpix, I resolved to try for the leader position when I'm on the Fire team. However, the thought of numerous other people also trying mostly due to incentives makes me feel a lot more timid about even trying. I really like the idea of some kind of badge or title or something for the leaders. That way it in no way has a monetary value. Something temporary though, so it's not a "one and done" incentive. Like, maybe something that lasts 3 months? That way people are still encouraged to do it again, but not necessarily every single month in case new people want to try. It also encourages those people to let new people try, because they don't need to do it every month to keep the title. I think the leader rating afterwards might be a little crazy, but it could also be a good idea. Maybe just an automated poll with Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, and Abstain. A write-in or drop-down entry for "MVP" would be nice. That player could also have a title or something, but only for a month so they're encouraged to give that sort of effort every time. Maybe make it so anybody who gets X amount of MVP votes can get the title. All in all, I really like the idea of a reward rather than incentive. An incentive typically has a market value of some kind and could attract people who don't have the team's best interests in mind. A reward such as a title or badge or whatever won't attract people who just want to profit, especially if it's limited time, and a simple "yes/no/abstain" rating system would help weed out anyone else not giving their best.
Avatar made here with free personal use. Substitutes by KitKatKutie2
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page