PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Changing the Spoiler Embargo

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123

POLL: When should we apply the new spoiler embargo limit?

•  81%
  •  19%

Total votes: 809

This poll is now closed.

Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

Original message

Greetings everyone! Throughout the years we've been really strict with new game spoilers, as is the case right now, too. Rightfully so - we want to give everyone a chance to experience the games for themselves and that hasn't changed. As time goes on and Nintendo releases games in quick succession, however, it has become increasingly more difficult to justify the long spoiler embargos, especially as it puts a lot of pressure on the art team. At the same time, it gets silly for the moderator team to reprimand users for content that has been out for months or years. So! In an attempt to lighten the load and be less restrictive, we will be limiting the spoiler embargo to 6 months after a new release. In other words, spoilers will be allowed everywhere after half a year. Our question to you, the userbase, is whether you'd like to see this in effect for Scarlet/Violet, or if we should apply this from the next game onwards. Please vote in the poll and give us your feedback. The poll closes on 9 January, 2023 (1 year ago). Happy Holidays!

Update 24/Feb/2023

Hi again everyone! This is long overdue but, as per the poll results, the spoiler embargo is now active for 6 months after the launch of new Pokémon games effective immediately. What does that mean, exactly?
  • Current rules regarding spoilers do NOT change. The only thing that changes is how long the embargo is in effect for.
  • Anything regarding game mechanics, in-game content (intended or otherwise), DLC (downloadable content), official art AND fan-art of new Pokémon, including box art, and official trailers are still considered spoilers and have to follow the appropriate PFQ rules. Again, this has not changed.
  • Moving forward, announcement threads for spoiler policy reminders such as this one for S/V will contain a date of when the embargo will be lifted.
  • After this date, the spoiler embargo is officially lifted and you can post anything of the new games outside of the designated spoiler areas.
In addition to the above, embargos for DLCs (downloadable content) will depend on their size and/or importance but will relatively be way shorter than their base game equivalent. The length of the DLC embargo will be announced as soon as we have accurate information. Thank you for voting and we dearly appreciate your patience for the update to come through!
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
Question: if the highest vote result is "From the next game onwards", could that result in a situation that spoiler restrictions for Scarlet & Violet are still in place when they are not for "The next game"? (Presuming the 6th month limit is going to be applied one way or the other, only).
Special delta collector Team
Savage Spin-Out (Bug)
: 0 pts Current Shiny Hunt 0/121 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
That scenario is very unlikely to happen as the art team is already very hard at work. ^^
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Thank you for being willing to listen to our feedback! It really does mean a lot <3
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
fandaniel's Avatarfandaniel
if you want my personal opinion. it'd likely be much better to wait until the next game considering sca/vio has already been out for a month now. however, im moreso working off the spoiler embargo for final fantasy 14 patches (though more generally when endwalker was dropped hahaha). this game is different as you know, its pokemon. things are done a lot differently here than it is there. i've already voted but i thought why not ill share my more indepth thoughts here. i could also recommend much like how the xiv people do it, you could have it to where if people want to post spoilers, have it encrypted via cipher and a big fat spoiler warning somewhere in the title or something. much how they do it in rot-13 (caesar cipher, shift 13) to make sure people dont view it by complete and utter accident. (edit: this likely reads weird. i dont ever post on the forums that much. so if you need more clarification or something looks like it needs fixing. lemme know.)
"and i, faithful fandaniel, labor only to advance my lord's ambitions."
buck/basso - 20 - he/they + neos - nb/polyam/pan - PFQ-6 (US/CST)

icon credits being listed to Final Fantasy 14/FFXIV and SquareEnix.
Eeveehart's AvatarEeveehart
Honestly it is up to yall. You guys are in charge after all. It would be nice though to be able to talk about scarlet and violet on a chill platform like pokefarm.(discord can be a bit abrasive)
My time zone: CST(server time-5 hours) Typerace score: 0 Check out my Shop Shiny umbreon charm avatar sprite made by sojussimblr for my use only.
Nvm I figured it out but dunno how to delete this XD
rabbitlover12's Avatarrabbitlover12
I'd say 6 months is MORE than sufficient, especially since that's well after the holiday period where people are likely to get them game. I don't think it's that reasonable to ban people talking about a game after more than a few months, barring specific circumstances. It's unfortunate that people who wait months to buy a new game might get spoilers, but I sort of feel like that the onus is on the individual at that point
gamerjohn1991's Avatargamerjohn1991
Even though I accidentally voted for next games onwards, I believe half a year is still a bit too restrictive. One-fourth of a year, however, would've worked much better for SV.
StarryEve's AvatarStarryEve
With how closely within the release every region gets the game, I feel that six months is a little too long. It's not like the NES/SNESdays where games like Final Fantasy 2 and 3 don't even release in the US and we skip to 4, calling it 2 and creating mass confusion. But then there's the people that can't buy their own games, or have to wait until their birthdays. With how closely Nintendo ties their release to the holiday season, I feel 3 months is a good compromise to not talk about spoilers, and it should be started with this series of games.
Avatar used with permission by LazyFrost. Feel free to commission her, she's really good!

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page