PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shelter Ban for Newbies?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

So I've noticed that a lot of new players have recently been progressing quite fast, reaching senior in what? 5 days? I've also noticed a thread about another player nerfing shazi bonus days to slow the new players down so they can savor the early game, but then theres a problem. If bonus shazi days were nerfed, it would be a problem for the older players who are maybe shelter hunting. So I say that the shelter should just be banned for anyone under the senior rank and been here for less than 10 days ( don't come back at me with the BFM magnet since I mentioned less than 10 days as well.) So it doesn't affect any older players trying to shelter hunt. Advantages: Doesn't affect older players, helps new players savor early game Disadvantages: Might cause new players to be a little angry
Avatar by flyeahfy for my personal use.
Lv. 100 — +3,444,054
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Normal
Happiness 27%
Lonely nature
Eltafez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEltafez
supermod34.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngss.png
Niet has, in the past, tweaked numbers to ensure bonus counters are balanced in their frequency, so the suggestion to tweak them again is not far-fetched. However, we're not planning on locking people out of core game features.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
I will note that the whole point of the lower tier shelter passes is to reduce the shortcutting that can be done here, but fundamentally the problem is that the Shelter isn't properly explained. Many people genuinely think its basically just random stuff like the lab and they're supposed to use it to get stuff. I can't really fix that without a much better tutorial...
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
@Niet I don't think I fully understand you...
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
Given your responses to me in other threads, I don't think there is anything I can do to explain it in a way you will understand. This is basic game design, balancing and economy, and you're thinking about what would make "you" happy rather than what's good for the game.
sure thing niet-o
To be honest everyone works differently so what could be easy for one person could be really hard for another. There are also people with disabilities like myself who are playing and you can't base a game on a specific group of people you have to have to include everyone to make a fair game. As someone who been on since PF1 and uses the Shelter a lot for Growlthe eggs and hunt I see nothing wrong with allowing new players to use the Shelter and find it completely wrong to deny someone the use of the Shelter. Shelter is used for multiple things, Pokèdex (finding Pokèmon and eggs you need), Hunts (Shiny, Albino, Melan, Shelter hunt etc), finding your favourite Pokèmon or finding Pokèmon you are collecting and more. Edit: Sorry just noticed after clicking send that this was in 'Rejected' section sorry.
  • First Tab
  • Second Tab
  • Credit
Feel free to talk to me on these: Chicken Smoothie: Greenbunny1998 Discord: Greenbunny1998 #8985
Code made by Greenbunny1998 Forum Signature Picture is of my cat Coco as a kitten Profile Picture is of my cat Coco
Perroc's Avatarhypermode-12.pngv-fire.pngPerroc
hypermode.pngmaster.pngc+.png
I know this is rejected and I ain't tryin to beat a dead horse here, but I really have something I want to say here, so Imma toss it in As an older player, this doesn't really feel...fair. Newbies are allowed to participate in whatever they want. They're not any less a player of PFQ just because they're new. Sure, they might not have too terribly much in the way of nice things or concepts of game mechanics, but everyone starts somewhere. We shouldn't further hinder those who are new. Something I, along with a few other players enjoy doing is sending shiny, albino, and occasionally melanistic pokemon to the shelter, in hopes that somebody will stumble upon them and be a good trainer for them. If it's a newbie who finds them, then that's cool. Like stated, newbies are players too. Some people just progress further in the game quicker than others. That's part of the "Play your way" thing. I remember I got to champion rank before my friend, who was equally as active, got to Senior. They had different goals than me, and that's okay. So yeah, there is unfortunately no support from me.
"The things you do for love are gonna come back for ya one by one."
  • Click?
  • Us too?
  • Records
  • Note!!
Lovely Soup

Lovely Soup

Consumable

(item.png: 0)

A special bowl of soup, made with love! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 50.

Sells for 1

Lv. 100 — +5,326,467
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireRock
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
Active shiny chain: 2686 r.pngp.pngj.png Type Race Points: 3032 Type Race Highlights: June 2021, Psychic (first place): 3,575
PLEASE NOTE: I have autism and DID and struggle with my tone and communicating at times. Because of this, I may be very awkward in DMs at times, but I promise I don't bite!
Character in pfp is Sora from Kingdom Hearts, drawn by my good friend SulphurWolf. For my use only<3 Current song lyric is from 'Love Love Love', by the Mountain Goats
To all the people that sa no upport, why do you not say no support on the other suggestion by trackmania_rules that staes to up the bonus counters so adopting for everyone is harder
Eltafez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEltafez
supermod34.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngss.png
I'd like to refer you to my earlier reply as that answers your question.

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

Niet has, in the past, tweaked numbers to ensure bonus counters are balanced in their frequency, so the suggestion to tweak them again is not far-fetched. However, we're not planning on locking people out of core game features.
That said, this suggestion is already rejected and, pointing at my reply above again, is not open for arguments anymore. The thread has been locked.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page