PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Type Changes (Pichu Variants)

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

POLL: Support?

Total votes: 41

You must be logged in to vote.

DeltaSystem's AvatarDeltaSystem
Overview While mass clicking my fields I came to realize something that I failed to notice before: Surfing Pichu, Surfing Pikachu, Flying Pichu, Flying Pikachu, and Snowboarding Pikachu are all pure electric types. However, their Raichu evolutions have two different typings (Surfing: Water/Electric, Flying: Flying/Electric, and Snowboarding: Ice/Electric). This made the fact the earlier evolutions were pure electric odder. If you want to see for yourself, here's the Surfboarding Pikachu and Raichu: What I am proposing is that the earlier evolutions share the same typing as the raichu of their variation. This change would cause the typing to be: Surfing Pichu: ➡️ Surfing Pikachu: ➡️ Flying Pichu: ➡️ Flying Pikachu: ➡️ Snowboarding Pikachu: ➡️ Pros:
  • Generally makes the typing make sense
  • Makes the pre-Raichu evolutions less of a breedable/evolveable type of CS and more of an actual variation
  • Allows earlier evolutions to recieve the same benefits (increasing hapiness) from Ice/Water/Flying fields as the Raichu varients
Cons:
  • Changing it is inconvinient
  • It has no affect other then how the pokemon reacts in a said field (and keeping us OCD-P folks from being set off whenver we see the lineage, eheh)
Conclusion Anyhow, I just hope this is taken into consideration as it makes sense to me, and probably will make sense to other users.
~Delta 🪐
Made by HorrorGal13
  • Main
  • Credits
Your chaotic mess. Type Race Points: 0
Tabs by Esme Avatar made with this awsome picrew!
support, this would be a fun and interesting detail. also i would like to ask wether lets go pikachu would be a fairy type
"Riddle me this, what makes the world go round? Why that's right, IT'S LOVE! Well, that and inertia along with the north and south poles, we don't talk about that tho."
No, because Let's Go Pikachu is CS, not a varient - the type isn't supposed to change.
-Bump-
Friendly little bump
Powerpuff13's AvatarPowerpuff13
Full support! I agree that this suggestion does make it seem like more of an actual variant and less of a CS, whereas the way it is now actually does make it seem somewhat like a custom sprite instead of a variation of Pichu. When I first joined PFQ I thought Surfing Pichu was in fact an Electric/Water type because it looked like it should be as a result of the evolution having that typing so I was a little suprised when I realized Surfing Pichu/Pikachu was a pure electric type. It does make sense for Surfing Pichu/Pikachu and Flying Pichu/Pikachu to be Electric/Water and Electric/Flying respectively rather than the current typing if you ask me.
Buttercup • She/Her/They/Them • 16 Type Race Score=0 Current Hunt:Cleffa 0s/3a/134h
bump~
Little bump~
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The Raichu has mastered its element and that's why it has been granted the additional type. Although really, if anything, the Raichu should just be pure Electric type, honestly. I don't know when the Water/Flying/Ice type secondaries were added.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
So the typing is lore related? Intriguing.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page