PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Ability To Adopt From Shelter With Full Egg Party

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123

doctormorbid's Avatardoctormorbid

QUOTE originally posted by Vaporeon26

This has also been rejected before EDIT: found a similar thread https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/279472/Send-to-Field-Option-for-Shelter-POLL
ah i see, thank you for pointing it out! ive seen from that post that this has been suggested many times (and rejected) so we'll see what they say
『 icon from mindhack 』
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady

QUOTE originally posted by subconniving

QUOTE originally posted by Goatlady

Part of playing any game is about balancing and controlling your inventory (storage) and board (playing space), in this game that would be your fields and party. If you remove the need to juggle your board between the two options of hatching or adding pokemon, then you're removing a large part of the gameplay of this game in particular. If you're shelter hunting, just hatch 5 eggs at a time and leave a gap there for adopting from the shelter. Plan ahead for that. Use your problem solving skills (something gaming actually enhances through practice and humans are naturally fantastic at, because of how our brain works) to juggle the space provided to play in. No support for this from me.
i can understand that, and true it can be worked around with 5 eggs in a party, but if this form of gameplay is a hindrance and not enjoyable, i see no reason for the option not to be there. a game should be fun, not a chore! but that's just how i experience the shelter adoptions :0
Fun is a matter of taste, an opinion and highly debatable. Games are certainly made for entertainment, but aren't necessarily fun for everybody. If you aren't enjoying the game, perhaps you just don't like these kinds of games. For instance, many people play Chess and enjoy it, I do not enjoy playing Chess. I find it slow, a sort of meandering game that unless your opponent is your Equal in Skill, it will be either far too difficult or far too easy. There is no skill or talent required to play PFQ. It's all dice rolling for a special hatch, and various methods of gaining some sort of collection or goal you decide for yourself to achieve. No one can be better or worse at PFQ because it's all randomly generated. This is appealing to me as it takes no large amount of brain power to play, so I can zone out and click eggs and pokemon and appreciate the artwork here. Chess is a chore. PFQ is an RNG collection pet game.
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 0
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,348,229
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,803,804
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature

Fun is a matter of taste, an opinion and highly debatable. Games are certainly made for entertainment, but aren't necessarily fun for everybody. If you aren't enjoying the game, perhaps you just don't like these kinds of games. For instance, many people play Chess and enjoy it, I do not enjoy playing Chess. I find it slow, a sort of meandering game that unless your opponent is your Equal in Skill, it will be either far too difficult or far too easy. There is no skill or talent required to play PFQ. It's all dice rolling for a special hatch, and various methods of gaining some sort of collection or goal you decide for yourself to achieve. No one can be better or worse at PFQ because it's all randomly generated. This is appealing to me as it takes no large amount of brain power to play, so I can zone out and click eggs and pokemon and appreciate the artwork here. Chess is a chore. PFQ is an RNG collection pet game.
true it is a matter of taste! depends on the person. but i do love this game very much, it's why i'm making these suggestions to help improve where i can, or for it to be considered with PFnew! there will always be things everyone loves and dislikes with even their favourite games, and sometimes that's just the way things are where for you the shelter adoptions add a new layer of planning and a sort of gameplay mechanic, for me it is a barrier where i have to choose one or the other, my hunt or my pokedex (i am a stubborn one and i like to get the maximum amount of what i can out of something, and so giving up a space for the shelter in my party isn't ideal for me. it's only one space, but the loss builds up over time and makes hunts longer.) of course that may sound babyish, but it's just the way i personally enjoy things. if things stay the way they are, then that's that! not the end of the world since i love this game anyway, would just be a personal preference
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady

QUOTE originally posted by subconniving

true it is a matter of taste! depends on the person. but i do love this game very much, it's why i'm making these suggestions to help improve where i can, or for it to be considered with PFnew! there will always be things everyone loves and dislikes with even their favourite games, and sometimes that's just the way things are where for you the shelter adoptions add a new layer of planning and a sort of gameplay mechanic, for me it is a barrier where i have to choose one or the other, my hunt or my pokedex (i am a stubborn one and i like to get the maximum amount of what i can out of something, and so giving up a space for the shelter in my party isn't ideal for me. it's only one space, but the loss builds up over time and makes hunts longer.) of course that may sound babyish, but it's just the way i personally enjoy things. if things stay the way they are, then that's that! not the end of the world since i love this game anyway, would just be a personal preference
You've just described the problem-solving aspect of the game. You can't do everything at once; one goal hinders another, one mechanic hinders another. Juggling all the possible tasks is literally how to play and offers diversity in how each player completes their quests :D Changing this mechanic specifically will change too much of the gameplay that already is minimalistic. From what I have seen mentioned about PFNew there will be no Shelter, although admittedly I'm not following it as I have no interest in it. This is all besides the point though, as it has been repeatedly rejected.

You've just described the problem-solving aspect of the game. You can't do everything at once; one goal hinders another, one mechanic hinders another. Juggling all the possible tasks is literally how to play and offers diversity in how each player completes their quests :D Changing this mechanic specifically will change too much of the gameplay that already is minimalistic. From what I have seen mentioned about PFNew there will be no Shelter, although admittedly I'm not following it as I have no interest in it. This is all besides the point though, as it has been repeatedly rejected.
it sure does mean things are spaced out time wise and it'll take more effort to achieve everything, which can be good! healthy, even! and if this change breaks the game, then fair enough- especially with how many times this has been suggested (whoops-) i'd still personally would like that step taken out, even if it's a limited number a day or something. maybe that's just what PFnew will provide to us with the removal of the shelter? but! i will say that it was rejected 1+ years ago, so there's no harm in asking again over time. after all, if this was implimented, there'd be nothing stopping someone from avoiding the shelter and setting their own limitations for what they find fun :0 (sorry if this is going on a bit! i love to hear the other side and build a compromise if i can. this is greatly appreciated!)
and most of us here like this idea alot, its just extremely frustrating that we lose what we want because we have a full egg party
"Riddle me this, what makes the world go round? Why that's right, IT'S LOVE! Well, that and inertia along with the north and south poles, we don't talk about that tho."

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page