PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Beginner Tournaments?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

HermitQuartz's AvatarHermitQuartz
I dont really know how to explain the idea that i have in my head but i feel there should be tourtaments for more casual and beginner players? as i feel the tourtaments that are hosted now are for more experienced players, thoughts? -Hermit
Idk what to write here but lets have some fun!!
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
What parts of tournaments do you think new users are missing out on? There's a few tournament types that I agree aren't particularly beginner-friendly, like the hatch from your own daycare/hatch specific natures ones, but that's definitely not all - for example I'm mainly using the lab for this specific tournament and I expect to hit the hard goal without too much trouble. I do have a lot of feelings about the top 100 prize, but tbh I feel like the tokens may be more valuable than the egg prize to new users - they don't need to complete the PFQ egg dex yet, and can easily trade currency from selling the tokens for the hatched Pokemon if they want? (I'm definitely not a new user though - which is why I'm asking what you think is specifically missing)
HermitQuartz's AvatarHermitQuartz
Honestly, Its really hard for me to explain what i feel is missing due to the fact that Ive only been in a few tourtaments myeslf Mabey lowering the amount between easy, medium, and hard? I personally was able to get to Medium myself but ran out of time to get to hard. But i do believe i could get to hard if i had enough time. -Hermit
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by HermitQuartz

I personally was able to get to Medium myself but ran out of time to get to hard. But i do believe i could get to hard if i had enough time. -Hermit
That sounds like a good balance then. It sounds like "Hard" is, well, "hard"!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
topmarks's Avatartopmarks
i know what op means i'm new too and i participated in a couple of tournaments. the hatch eggs from daycare one i managed to get Some tokens but not the egg, even though i was on all day every day clicking constantly. it was exhausting. i tried the tournament for unique eggs and that went better. also online all day every day clicking, got the egg prize. i'm not participating in a tournament that involves hatching eggs again. the only way to participate in those is to spend literally every single day of the tournament mindlessly clicking. it's not fun, and it's definitely not healthy.
arbor's Avatararbor
This is kind of a response to OP and other comments. Getting the egg prize isn't supposed to be something that's easy or accessible. There's a reason only 100 are given out. If every user was hitting the top level ultra hard goal that wouldn't make any sense. I mean I've been here since the site launched and I've only gotten it one time. And yeah, that one time I was literally clicking all day every day and it sucked, so I haven't done it any more. Getting the egg prize shouldn't be something you expect every time or even every season unless you are prepared to devote all of your time and energy to it, so complaints that it's inaccessible or unhealthy are kind of just how it's supposed to be. In my opinion, the hatching unique egg tournament is one of the most easily achieved hard goals of any tournament. That one happened a few times last season. I was really really busy with school, so I would max my egg timer after reset every day (~15 minutes tops) and then ONLY log on throughout the day to change parties- NO more clicking- and I got the hard goal in about 3 days, every time. The ones about body style are harder because the hard goal involves hatching 90 eggs instead of 60, but it's still doable, and if you devote even an hour a day of maxing egg timer and party clicking, it shouldn't be that tough. Getting the egg is a different story, but I already addressed that- I'm just talking about reaching the "hard" goal. It makes sense to me that newer users are having trouble completing the hard goals because they're HARD! Someone shouldn't be able to join PFQ and win the egg in their very first tournament, that doesn't make any sense. It's "hard" for a reason. In this very tournament I achieved "medium" with only maxing egg timer for two days and barely playing at ALL other than egg timer. Easily <30 minutes a day. In my opinion the "easy" and "medium" goals of each tournament are essentially the "beginner tournaments" being suggested. Additionally, the implementation of "beginner tournaments" would come with a whole list of caveats. How do you make sure veteran users don't join and dominate the leaderboard to easily get the prize? Make it so you can only join one tournament or the other? Okay, but then they could still join the casual/beginner one. Do you make it that only accounts of a certain age can join beginner? That's not fair to people who start and become very active very quickly, maybe they want to do the regular tournament. And also, I've seen several users lately saying "Hey, I joined in 2014 and forgot about this completely, now I'm back!" How do you let them join the beginner tournament? How will the prizes and goals differ? Will they have different tokens? It just seems too much.
arbor ☼ journal: 0 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page