PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Increase S/A/M Delta Point Value

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

@Glacegoss: It's alright, no rudeness detected! ^^ Though I must say now I'm the one confused. Specials are made rarer now, so once the market is drained from the influx they should become more valuable. How does that crash the market?
I guess crash is not the most appropriate word in this instance, but forgive me I'm not sure how else to word it. I suppose it won't crash in the sense of things will go down in price dramatically, I just feel the market is in a really horrid place right now and it's not getting any better with the Uber changes. Perhaps within a few months we will see the difference as you said, but right now I'll I'm seeing is an increase in melans - melan pricing dipping because they aren't selling, less S/A and S/A prices not changing/adjusting at all. (If anything i'm still having to price things lower than I want to because they just do not sell anyways) I am worried if it's something we sit on and "wait to see" it will cause problems and things will only be worse. Whether there is little shinys/albinos/melans to sell, it doesn't matter if there are no buyers. Personally for me, half the time I just DP stuff because it's too annoying letting things sit in my fields for months, years, to not sell ever unless I price below DP Price - which is something that is still and will remain an issue. Melan values are going to decrease with them being increasingly common due to Uber changes, which will in turn lower Shiny/Albino prices - not increase them. But it is a guessing game, and there are of course my opinions/thoughts on the matter and changes.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
Let me perhaps give my two cents on Deltas, not as a staff member but as someone who has played for 8 months, so my account value is not as high as those who have been here for years. To me, it seems that the Delta system is barely worth using. I have a few regular deltas that I wanted very badly, and after failing to buy them, I waited until the correct V-Wave came along to hatch them myself. I was lucky in that all of them came out correct the first try. I also tried a few times to do a "self-funded DP" hunt, where the DP came solely from the extra specials from the same hunt in an attempt to hatch a delta special. All of them were pure disappointments, and so I stopped trying. I would like to hatch a delta special someday, just as a bucket list sort of thing. Now that S/A chances have effectively been halved, I would require twice the amount of DP (and time and frustration) to do that. But every time I even think of DPing my hunt eggs, I'm reminded of the dozens of failed deltas that I previously hatched, and sold for a tiny fraction of the price of their worth in DP, and decide against it yet again. I personally suspect that the reason why it's so incredibly hard to sell DP for 2zc is that other people are also coming to the same realization. Unless you have a LOT of spare value in your account and/or you want a certain special delta badly for collection reasons, hunting delta specials is a giant sink which you will not be able to recoup even 10% of unless you hatch a delta melan (and even then maybe not). I have never once bought DP from anyone, because I feel that my currency is better spent elsewhere. I think that after the Uber change, S/A prices will go up. While it would be nice to sell my specials for more, it would also further cement my not interacting with the Delta system, because when I get a S/A it would push me even further towards "I should sell this" and even further away from "I should use this for DP" than I already am.
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
abingy's Avatarabingy
I'll add my two cents to this conversation. First so you know the point of view I'm coming from, I have never had much interest in deltas so my only interaction with the system is as someone selling my extra specials to others for DP. But ultimately I think that the delta system does need a rework in some way.

Some background/extra stuff that got quite long and isn't completely necessary to the conversation

I think one of the biggest reasons I never got into delta was because of how wildly expensive they are to hunt compared to their value. Only delta specials have any sort of value and from what I've seen, except for maybe delta melans, you still wouldn't even break even with cost of the DP. So it always felt like a waste of money to even get started. And on top of that even if there was a specific delta that I would want, without any boosts the chances of getting that specific type (especially trying to get it on a special) is so slim and the only ways to boost the chance is to wait possibly weeks for a v-wave, which can add extra costs to pause chains while waiting, or to have an nonideal breeding pair, which just means I have to put in more effort clicking to get the same amount of eggs. I think a lot of people have realized this because I see a lot less people selling deltas now than I did 6 months to a year ago. And with a decrease in popularity of the feature, if people aren't buying your specials for DP, it doesn't matter if you reduce the shiny/albino rates, they're still gonna build up in your fields and not increase in price. This is why I expressed concerns about the ubercharm update in that thread and said it would've been better to address the issue on the other side (removing specials that already exist instead of lower the number that are introduced). I do appreciate that the issue is trying to be addressed by niet/other staff though. I personally have never had an issue with the price 2 ZC per DP (in terms of price of specials, not for the cost of delta hunts) that was common when I first rejoined the site almost 2 years ago. It was a reasonable amount to fund my hunts and other site goals. I started having trouble selling my extra specials at that though so I eventually had to start selling at 1.5 ZC per and while at first my specials were bought up almost immediately, as time went on it's been harder and harder to sell my specials even at that price. Like about a month ago I had a thread for DP that went the whole 2 weeks without a single offer at 1.5 ZC and I refuse to go below that. My thread I currently have has really only seen activity because I started allowing alternative payments to currency (like gems and relics). Another thing that worried me about the ubercharm change is that while it might help with bringing that price back up to 2 ZC, I don't really think it'll go above that because of how established it is, and so the update will in the grand scheme make making money worse because it's a 1/2x drop in specials but only a 4/3x increase in sales. I could be wrong about this though so only time will tell.
As for this suggestion, while I don't think that this wouldn't devalue shinies and albinos themselves like niet said, what I think would happen is DP would devalue say to 1 ZC per DP but that would mean the shinies and albinos are the same price as before (assuming 2 ZC per DP now). I do also think that it would devalue deltas more though, although something being devalued that is practically worthless already, just means its still practically worthless so would it really change that much? This could also lead to more interest in hunting deltas which would be a plus for shiny/albino sellers since there would be an increase in demand. And demand is really the biggest issue in the shiny/albino market right now. Some other delta related ideas that I like: I like the idea that some others have said about getting some DP back from trading in deltas because it would have some use for the currently worthless hunt extras. I think that was a glaring issue with the system in the first place which is trying to solve the issue of devaluing/oversaturation of one type of mon (shinies/albinos) on the site by introducing a new type of mon (deltas) that will just become oversaturated/worthless. It solved the problem by introducing the same problem. Another one I liked was making DP tradable. I'm not sure if that thread ever actually got rejected or just deleted from inactivity, but I did really think it would have a positive effect on the shiny/albino market because allowing people to trade the specials in before selling them as DP would make shinies/albinos a little more scarce. Not to mention it would've also just been a huge QOL improvement because sending hundreds of shinies/albinos at a time can be so time consuming and tiring. Lastly, something that I just thought of (though maybe someone has suggested it before) that could warrant its own thread if people were interested is either introducing a new set of item or using the arceus plates to increase the chance of the specific delta type that matches, similar to everstones with natures. This wouldn't necessarily help with the issues raised in this thread but would make delta hunts a little bit easier because the way the system is now, having to use a different mon parent to get the boost just makes it so much more clicking intensive because you'd need (at least) 2x the clicks to get the same number of eggs. Feel free to pm me about this if you think it is good enough to warrant some more fleshing out for a suggestion since its a little off topic from this thread.
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page