PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Increase S/A/M Delta Point Value

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Suggestion Title: Increase S/A/M Delta Point Value Suggestion Summary: For several months, years if you want to get nitpicky, the value of Shinies, Albinos, and Melans has been steadily going down. Be it due to the lack of buyers, or people just not wanting to spend as much money for Pokemon anymore, it's hard to even break even with your hunts, let alone profit. A lot of users pay at most Delta Value (2zc:1dp), sometimes less, for specials. This leads to things like Fakemon, or Legendaries, being severely undervalued just to get some small amount of money back from hunts. This also leads to Melans not selling as often, and for cheap as well, once again just to get some small amount of money back from hunts. People either don't need to buy the Pokemon, or they don't want to pay as much. People would, however, pay more if they got more Delta Points from the Pokemon. Positive points: Feel free to suggest more, I'm happy to add valid points. - It could stimulate and rejuvenate the economy by making S/A/M Pokemon more sought after - Will encourage players to use Delta Points more with them being more accessible - Will help incentivize going for Delta Specials and using Delta Points, which means players will end up wanting to obtain more - TBA? Negative points: Feel free to suggest more, I'm happy to add valid points. - Increasing the Delta Point Value could potentially not help the economy - With more Delta Points in circulation it could cause Delta Specials to become more common - TBA? Reason For Consideration: If Pokemon gave more Delta Points, it would take a step in the direction of fixing the economy and helping people profit more from their hunts, and encourage them to do more hunts/continue hatching and playing. With the recent removal of RMT it has become even more difficult to sell specials already, and the change was extremely recent. Users don't have as much incentive to play and hunt because it's harder to get currencies, and with the changes to Ubercharm it's harder to get Shinies and Albinos, and Melans have always been rather elusive regardless. Changing this could help people sell more, hunt more, and collect more, which overall leads to playing more.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... Increasing the amount of DP given would further devalue them. Because you would need fewer of them to get the Deltas you want. With demand slashed, the prices will follow, driving them even further into the ground.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... Increasing the amount of DP given would further devalue them. Because you would need fewer of them to get the Deltas you want. With demand slashed, the prices will follow, driving them even further into the ground.
Its a gray area overall. Deltas are the same as Shiny/Albion/Melan - it is all RNG. I almost never get the delta I want so I'm not sure who out there is getting the deltas they want in a low amount of DP as is, I'll spend 3k-4k DP and not get what I was looking for. I've spent 50k DP on a single hunt before getting what I was after (And still not getting what I really wanted, just gave up and accepted what I got at that point because it was getting ridiculous...) Personally I do think the DP values need to be adjusted, the whole DP system needs to be changed in some way, especially not only with RMT removal but the Uber Charm changes - DP Points are already cheap, prices have dropped dramatically since RMT removal (And even a bit from before then too) people are having trouble selling anything, I don't really think it will devalue personally but there's really no way of knowing for sure it is generally just assuming & guessing this or that. There have been some great suggestions on it, especially allowing regular deltas to be turned in for 1 DP (Maybe more depending on the delta EHP?) - that at least gave them some value as well. But yeah honestly a lot of people never get the deltas they are after, even upon using Vwave + Pair typing, just unlucky RNG at times.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Sir Quackie's AvatarSir Quackie
Niet have a point. By increasing the delta points given by a special, it will probably devalue the current extremely low price of delta points even more. If you maybe increase it by 2x I don't think it will increase the price but it would be a more "justification" for someone to say like ',"Hey this gives double the delta points it supposed to be so you should buy at the same price" over "Hey this gives double the delta points it supposed to be so you should be paying me double/1.5x the price". I know many might think that would give delta points more value but it would just devalue it Also on a sidenote I recently came back so I still might not have a hang but I really would like to know where did you come up with that 5 DP:1 ZC price because I have never seen anyone selling delta points that cheap. And I also think this was suggested before as well.. maybe not my memory is not very good, but these are my thoughts.
Team Fire 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
Breakneck Blitz 3rd Place trophy by spidrenam (sprite usage)
PFP made bymøffkat
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by Hetus

Also on a sidenote I recently came back so I still might not have a hang but I really would like to know where did you come up with that 5 DP:1 ZC price because I have never seen anyone selling delta points that cheap. And I also think this was suggested before as well.. maybe not my memory is not very good, but these are my thoughts.
Edit 2: Actually I think cynda meant 1DP = 1ZC which is something I have seen, it's been a lot less of 2zc = 1 DP and a lot of 1.5 DP price or 1 DP price bringing prices down quite heavily Also whether it was suggested or not, it is impossible to ask people to go through the large amount of pages of denied suggestions every single time (Over 70 pages of just Denied this doesn't inclued accepted/completed), suggestions are brought back frequently and I just think it's unfair for everyone to know every single denied thread. Whether or not this is a solution/what should happen, somthing about the Delta area needs to be adjusted in my opinion, whether it's this or something else.
Sir Quackie's AvatarSir Quackie

QUOTE originally posted by Glacegoss

QUOTE originally posted by Hetus

Also on a sidenote I recently came back so I still might not have a hang but I really would like to know where did you come up with that 5 DP:1 ZC price because I have never seen anyone selling delta points that cheap. And I also think this was suggested before as well.. maybe not my memory is not very good, but these are my thoughts.
I have seen it quite often recently, but the reason you probably haven't noticed is because it sells out almost instantly and the threads are then deleted. Edit: Also whether it was suggested or not, it is impossible to ask people to go through the large amount of pages of denied suggestions every single time, suggestions are brought back frequently. Whether or not this is a solution/what should happen, somthing about the Delta area needs to be adjusted in my opinion, whether it's this or something else.
Don't take me rudely but I am not trying to imply that if suggestion was rejected that it should not be bought up again. The situation changes every year, maybe every 6 months if circumstances are unfavourable.I also like the idea of trading back deltas for 1 or 2 delta points it would help to keep in check deltas which are also all over the place and very cheap compares to the resources required to hatch one. But I still don't think increasing the value of delta points given by the specials would solve the first positive point stated at least. PS:I would love a complete revamp of the delta system maybe making it not solely focused like as if you can only get delta points of you trade in or get guests clicks. But there will still be problem on what about the existing a delta points, it would be like legendary seal/lucky seal situation, which I don't have problem with TBH.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
I don't view it that way personally, but I can understand how others would. My mindset pretty much starts and ends at if they're worth more Delta Points, people are paying for more Delta Points, so that means people are getting more money/more out of their hunts respectively. In my opinion, the only way I could see it causing them to lose value is if people don't want to pay increased prices, but I doubt that will be the case because people make goals out of their hunts for specific Delta Specials. I don't think demand will be slashed, or supply either due to the decrease in chances for hatching Shinies and Albinos. It'll be more time consuming to get Shinies or Albinos, but during a Melan Hunt you're bound to get them hatched regardless. Melans are a bit more difficult to gauge. Right now it looks like they're not selling as well, leading to people lowering prices. I'm not sure how many more melans people are hatching since the Ubercharm buff, I haven't really noticed an increase overall personally. If they gave more Delta Points however, sure they might be priced higher, but you'd be getting more out of your purchase and it'd be reasonable to buy it to support your goals. Melans are easier to buy for DP instead of bulk buying Shinies or Albinos with a ton of trades as well, so that'll also be convenient for the people buying them. Also I totally mis-typed the zc:dp rate I'm dumb ignore that
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

QUOTE originally posted by Übercharm update

Übercharms have been retooled to boost melan chances only, but at 8x the base chance. There have been complaints for a very long time that Shinies/Albinos approach worthlessness because their markets have been oversaturated due to melan hunting. This aims to begin correcting that. Further adjustments may be needed at some point, but we can't even begin to judge what or how until the oversaturation issue has been addressed, which won't happen overnight.
The value of specials is already being addressed. It will take time for the change to show while the market slowly gets drained. Once that's happened we can look at possible DP value adjustments.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
Hetus - I wasn't taking you rudely I assue you, it is just frustrating because everytime a suggestion is made someone comes in like "Oh here's this same suggestion I found on page 43 in the denied area from 4 years ago - so you should delete the thread" and it just gets old. (Summary of rejected hasn't been updated in almost 3 years so yeah. Suggestion thread rules/info hasn't been updated in years and could probably use some love but that is a whole nother issue.) I really feel like with all the changes recently, even if this is something that was previously denied, it could be discussed again. If not this exact suggestion being implemented, it at least leaves room for discussion on changes to the system overall. I would like to see a revamp overall, but I personally have no ideas how to go about it other than allow regular deltas be traded in and maybe increasing values a little. With the adjustments of S/A due to uber charm changes, there will be less delta points available in the future. Right now there still may be a bit of an abundance, but since we're doing guess work - there's a possibility of that changing anyways. (People quit because of RMT - most people used RMT to purchase DP in the first place, ZC is becoming a more "rare" currency) A lot of things will add up over time and in a few months there may be a lot of issues. That is why I feel like increasing wouldn't be that bad, I am not sure about others, but I am definitely feeling the changes of uber and experincing issues obtaining Shiny/Albinos. Eltafez - Forgive my rudeness, but basically wait on the market to crash before doing anything about it? I'm not sure I understand - would it not be better to get ahead of that and try to prevent it?
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
@Glacegoss: It's alright, no rudeness detected! ^^ Though I must say now I'm the one confused. Specials are made rarer now, so once the market is drained from the influx they should become more valuable. How does that crash the market?

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page