PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Players: A little indication if someone is online or not. (A lit

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

woolfiechu's Avatarwoolfiechu
So what I was thinking was a bar on everyones profile saying if they are online or not online. It takes forever just to find a specific player in the usually the 500 people that are online. You can turn on and off the little indicator on your profile by going to the options, then the forums tab, and there will be a little on and off button to have the online indicator be on or off your profile. (PS) Im sorry if so many people want this and keep on just posting it, or just demanding it. :)
woolfiechu • She/Her • Minor LINKLINKArt ShopLINK i like sylveon lol
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
If you add users to your VIP list, you'll get an online indication, or how long they've been offline, on the first tab of your farm page and in the VIP list on your party page. I'm not sure why you can see the online status on the VIP list but not on profiles tbh, since it's not treated as sensitive data?
Faded's AvatarFaded
Full support, it can get a bit annoying to go into the vip settings after adding a person just to check and see if they’re still active in the game. Plus people sometimes will put it in their trainer card/about me just for anybody interested in anything in their shop, meaning that they have to update it everytime they go online/offline which gets tedious fast if you have an about me template or have other words on your trainer card. There could be a little bar under the trainers picture saying something like “statue: online now”, “status: hidden”, “status: busy”, “statue: offline 7+ days”, “status: online 29 minutes ago”, etc. That way people wouldn’t have to check though their VIP list to see if somebody is still playing pfq without it being super invasive by giving people the option to hide their activity status on the settings page. Also keep in mind that a lot of games or game systems that connect to the internet and have a player base will do this, so it’s not a foreign idea that might disturb people. It can be a happy medium for people who want others (like me) to know if their online or not (as well as when they were last online), while keeping people who prefer to stay hidden because they’re checking in without having to immediately deal with customers in their shop since they may be busy.
{ Translation: Hello! }
Vaporgrave's AvatarVaporgrave
Dubious Support. I think the VIP list covers this fine and I'm not sure what's to be achieved by making it global to the profile. However, I am interested in what people are suggesting for some kind of toggle for my own online/offline status. Sometimes I want to just play by myself for a bit without people on the site or official chat seeing I'm online on Pokéfarm and assuming that's a cue to talk to me- sometimes I'm just not in a social headspace but I'd still like to click my eggs.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The session management code is archaic and barely works at the best of times. I can't reliably tell you if someone is online at this point in time, but the VIP list does its best. I don't want to make a "real" indicator if it doesn't work half the time.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page