PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Minor Buffs to Master Gemwish Badges

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12

Chaoman12345's AvatarChaoman12345
Suggestion Title: Minor Buffs to Master Gemwish Badges Suggestion Summary: I propose that we add some sort of a small buff to Master Gemwish Badges that would assist in some way with hunting pokemon. Two potential options that I have thought of thus far would be: 1. Increase the chance of receiving flawless gems when hatching Shiny/Albino/Melanistic pokemon. As of right now, it is not guaranteed to get flawless gems with each Shiny/Albino/Melanistic pokemon hatched while having a Wishalloy/Master Gemwish Badge. A gradual increase in the chance of getting flawless gems from Wishalloy to Class 1 through 4 Master Badges would help to add a very small amount of extra income to people who were hunting lots of one type of pokemon with a Master Gemwish Badge. 2. Increase the amount of EXP gained from the EXP share with increasing tiers of Master Gemwish Badges. Although badges currently reward players who rely on party clicks to hatch eggs/level up pokemon, there is no current benefit from badges in terms of EXP gained from mass clicking. I realize that this suggestion may cause some controversy, however from my understanding many players who have Master Gemwish Badges often mass click to hatch their eggs. A buff like this could be quite hard to balance, thus I would suggest something like 1.25XP per click for a Class 1 Master Badge, 1.5XP per click for a Class 2 Master Badge, 1.75XP per click for a Class 3 Master Badge, and 2XP per click for a Class 4 Master Badge (as opposed to the standard 1XP per click with the EXP share). This way the buffs would hopefully not be too overpowered and would not overshadow the use of lucky eggs and super lucky eggs, however would still provide a great incentive for players to grind for Master Badges. Other Possible Buffs as Suggested by Other Users: From Cepheus: 1. Maybe there's a small chance that your egg will hatch with more Gems (like 3-5 Gems and only a 10% chance per hatch). EDIT From MossDragon: Could change the gem buff to 1% increased chance for class 1, 2.5% for class 2, 5% for class 3 and 10% for class 4. Would be a chance for 1 extra gem per hatch for classes 1-3 and 2 rolls of a 10% extra chance for class 4 (or just a 10% roll for 2 extra gems). 2. Let master badges increase the chance of you receiving a specific selected nature from eggs (eg: can choose to increase the chances of your eggs hatching to have the "Quirky" nature). 3. Egg timer buffs: Percentage bonus added to current egg timer level Class 1 gives a 5% bonus (eg: 480exp/hr would turn into 504exp/hr) Class 2 gives a 10% bonus Class 3 gives a 15% bonus Class 4 gives a 20% bonus (Please note that the above buffs would only relate to the same type of pokemon/egg as the obtained badges) Positive points: 1. Provides an incentive for more players to work towards obtaining Master Badges. 2. Rewards playes who have spent time collecting thousands of gems and evolving thousands of pokemon to get Master Badges. 3. Could potentially drive demand for gems back up. Gems have fallen in value since the start of PFQ (likely due to many players already achieving their badge goals), however many players still do not have Master Badges and thus the introduction of small buffs could allow gems to have some more value again. Negative points: 1. Has the potential to be very overpowered if not balanced properly. 2. Has the potential to devalue lucky eggs and super lucky eggs. 3. Could potentially reduce the benefits of party clicking when compared to mass clicking. (Although I believe that at the moment, party clicking is slightly better than mass clicking when you have Wishalloy/Master Badges). Reason For Consideration: Although badges are mentioned in the "Summary of Rejected Suggestions" post, I believe that Master Gemwish Badges are still somewhat in need of a buff. As of right now (as far as I know) Master badges only increase the chances of having good IVs on hatched pokemon (perhaps this is the "Seekrit Hidden Bonus" mentioned in the Summary of Rejected Suggestions post?) This may be beneficial for players who enjoy sparring, however for many players this does not serve as an incentive for grinding to get Master badges. The current requirements to get to a Wishalloy Badge from scratch (11,500 gems and 2,300 evolutions) pale in comparison to the requirements to get from Wishalloy to a Class 4 Master Badge (44,654 gems and 8,925 evolutions), however the rewards for getting Wishalloy are MUCH greater than the rewards for getting Master Badges. I don't think that upgrading Master Badges should be as beneficial as achieving wishalloy badges, however I do believe that there should be some sort of an incentive in place to obtain and upgrade Master Badges. Please post any other potential options for reworks/minor buffs to Master Badges as comments on this thread. Also, please post any other positive or negative points you can think of and I will add them to the main post. Thanks for taking the time to read this suggestion!
Type race: 0/10,000
I could go for master badges because I have tons of hunts still planned for most types, and when I first joined the site I was totally planning to, but the "seekrit" IV breeding bonus is of no interest to me. I have no idea what IVs are, or why they matter on a site like PFQ where there aren't really any battle mechanics. Flawless gems already drop quite frequently even with Wishalloy, and the only things they can be used for are making Silvally memories and upgrading Master badges, so I don't see why we need more of them. I already can hardly sell my Flawless Electric gems. I'd love an EXP boost to my own interactions rather than just interactions received. Can't really think of anything else
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Bump!
Cepheus's AvatarCepheus
I absolutely think Master Badges need something. Like Alchemist said, I have zero interest in IVs and, based on my time here, I don't know a ton of people who are. I mean, clearly there are people who like IV stats, but it's unnecessary to me. The completionist in me absolutely wants to complete my badges, but I see absolutely no reason to go past Wishalloy (at least not until I Wishalloy all of them, then maybe I'll go back). There's no incentive for me to do so. An EXP bump would be nice, as you explained it. Maybe there's a small chance that your egg will hatch with more Gems (like 3-5 Gems and only a 10% chance per hatch). Maybe something even random like.., at the last stage, you can choose a Nature and your badge's mystic powers can somehow give a small boosted possibility of Pokemon you hatch of that type to have that nature. (Is this even possible or is nature already decided as an egg when it's created?) I would 100% go for Master if I had even a 10-15% boosted chance of my chains having more Quirky specials, especially for ones I can't breed for like legend hunts.
He/Him • Easily Distracted user? PM me for a free shiny Pichu F2U ICONSFREE DEX TRADES
credit
Icon by Cepheus (me) Background Made by HugaPug from Furry Amino (character mine) Shop Button by Me, edit to official Shroomish by Me F2U code by Gumshoe

QUOTE originally posted by Cepheus

I absolutely think Master Badges need something. Like Alchemist said, I have zero interest in IVs and, based on my time here, I don't know a ton of people who are. I mean, clearly there are people who like IV stats, but it's unnecessary to me. The completionist in me absolutely wants to complete my badges, but I see absolutely no reason to go past Wishalloy (at least not until I Wishalloy all of them, then maybe I'll go back). There's no incentive for me to do so. An EXP bump would be nice, as you explained it. Maybe there's a small chance that your egg will hatch with more Gems (like 3-5 Gems and only a 10% chance per hatch). Maybe something even random like.., at the last stage, you can choose a Nature and your badge's mystic powers can somehow give a small boosted possibility of Pokemon you hatch of that type to have that nature. (Is this even possible or is nature already decided as an egg when it's created?) I would 100% go for Master if I had even a 10-15% boosted chance of my chains having more Quirky specials, especially for ones I can't breed for like legend hunts.
Thank you for the support! I added your two suggestions to the main post :) My only concern with the increased gem chances as you described them is that they could cause a massive influx of gems on ravyne days. If someone received a 3-5x gem drop multiplied by 4 on a ravyne day that would be a potential of 12-20 gems from a single egg - I would just be worried that this could cause too many gems to be produced (although maybe this could help to counteract the increased gem price that may come with buffing master badges?) Either way I really like the suggestions - I would likely just change the increased amount of gems to either not stack with ravyne's bonus or to only be a small chance at doubling the gems received.
Cepheus's AvatarCepheus

QUOTE originally posted by Chaoman12345

... My only concern with the increased gem chances as you described them is that they could cause a massive influx of gems on ravyne days. If someone received a 3-5x gem drop multiplied by 4 on a ravyne day that would be a potential of 12-20 gems from a single egg - I would just be worried that this could cause too many gems to be produced (although maybe this could help to counteract the increased gem price that may come with buffing master badges?) Either way I really like the suggestions - I would likely just change the increased amount of gems to either not stack with ravyne's bonus or to only be a small chance at doubling the gems received.
I didn't even think about Ravyne days or the disaster that those would be on the market. A quick clarification, I was thinking +3-5 gems on a hatch, not x3-5 the total, so the highest on a x4 Ravyne day would actually be (1×4)+5
10% chance of
=9. Still a lot, imo, but that's best case scenario. Though, I'm looking at it and it could still be a bit much. Maybe 2-3 instead of 3-5? Sometimes I forget that there are a lot of people here that can hatch hundreds of eggs everyday, so Gem prices would definitely suffer.
MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
Big support! The buffs don't have to be insanely huge but anything would be very much welcome to give incentive to upgrade beyond Wishalloy. Gem buff: Class 1 gives 1% chance, Class 2 gives 2.5% chance, Class 3 gives 5% chance and Class 4 gives 10% chance per hatch and those gems not being affected by Ravyne days? Classes 1-3 give 1 extra Gem, while Class 4 has a chance to give up to 2 Gems, each Gem having a 10% rather than both. Also like the suggestion of Master badges increasing the chance of receiving a specific nature because it doesn't affect Market at all, just a neat little bonus for those who care about nature hunting. Same for affecting EXP Share because it's not 100% chance you'll get that x2 boost, at least not until Class 4, since on EXP Share page it says "In case of fractional EXP gain, it will become a chance of an extra point." So the higher Class badge is, the better chances get. Or instead Egg Timer getting the boost- each Class gaining 1 level and possibly Class 4 unlocking 2 levels so it's rounded up to 15 levels (in case of possible complaint of it not being "rounded up number", otherwise I'm fine with it staying on Lvl 14). Class 1 - Level 11, 2880 EXP/hour for 1500 party clicks Class 2 - Level 12, 3120 EXP/hour for 1750 party clicks Class 3 - Level 13, 3360 EXP/hour for 2000 party clicks Class 4 - Level 14, 3600 EXP/hour for 2250 party clicks - Level 15, 3840 EXP/hour for 2500 party clicks
collecting: ShopCredsTemplates ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

QUOTE originally posted by MossDragon

Big support! The buffs don't have to be insanely huge but anything would be very much welcome to give incentive to upgrade beyond Wishalloy. Gem buff: Class 1 gives 1% chance, Class 2 gives 2.5% chance, Class 3 gives 5% chance and Class 4 gives 10% chance per hatch and those gems not being affected by Ravyne days? Classes 1-3 give 1 extra Gem, while Class 4 has a chance to give up to 2 Gems, each Gem having a 10% rather than both. Also like the suggestion of Master badges increasing the chance of receiving a specific nature because it doesn't affect Market at all, just a neat little bonus for those who care about nature hunting. Same for affecting EXP Share because it's not 100% chance you'll get that x2 boost, at least not until Class 4, since on EXP Share page it says "In case of fractional EXP gain, it will become a chance of an extra point." So the higher Class badge is, the better chances get. Or instead Egg Timer getting the boost- each Class gaining 1 level and possibly Class 4 unlocking 2 levels so it's rounded up to 15 levels (in case of possible complaint of it not being "rounded up number", otherwise I'm fine with it staying on Lvl 14). Class 1 - Level 11, 2880 EXP/hour for 1500 party clicks Class 2 - Level 12, 3120 EXP/hour for 1750 party clicks Class 3 - Level 13, 3360 EXP/hour for 2000 party clicks Class 4 - Level 14, 3600 EXP/hour for 2250 party clicks - Level 15, 3840 EXP/hour for 2500 party clicks
Thank you for the great suggestions! I especially like your gem suggestion regarding making the buff more balanced. Will add your points to the main post now :)
Bump!
Bump :)

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page