PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

No charge for changing gender

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

Gardevoirite's AvatarGardevoirite
As of late, I've been really questioning my identity and decided I wanted to start using the neutral avatar more. However, I saw the 100GP charge that came with it and didn't remember that being there before I went inactive. Of course, some issues can arise with this. Some people like to fluctuate between their identity, but the charge for a rare currency can be discouraging, not to mention that the prices after changing your avatar will rise for a while. In my opinion, it doesn't make sense. I don't see how changing your avatar's gender could be abused, and of course trans, nonbinary, and genderfluid people are affected by this. I hope my suggestion is heard and that others agree with me. Thanks for reading!
Pfp by mrspider on Tumblr. Proof of use.
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
I can support this; as long as it's only the gender that doesn't cost anything. The lore behind it also need be changed, as right now it's all about 'wishes' and you need to pay Ravyne to have that wish go through in regards to the more drastic bodily changes.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.

QUOTE originally posted by Constantine

I can support this; as long as it's only the gender that doesn't cost anything. The lore behind it also need be changed, as right now it's all about 'wishes' and you need to pay Ravyne to have that wish go through in regards to the more drastic bodily changes.
Oh woops I forgot to quote your reply. Just see what I said in the thread ;0 Yes! Gender changes shouldn't cost anything. Charging GP for skin and eye color changes make more sense because unlike gender, you can't actually change those in an instant. Maybe Ravyne can make the wish for it free? Like it could be a 'you should feel comfortable in your body' spiel or something similar to that.
Zen's AvatarZen
I support as well. If you only have/had to change it once, a fee isn't that bad. But when you're someone who can feel like one or the other, or even neither, at random times of the day/week/month/year then it can get pricey to change your trainer to reflect that. Sure, one could just use the neutral trainer, but they shouldn't have to if they want to feel comfortable with how they feel and really show how they feel. Especially for those who are genderfluid.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
i'm really, really happy that so many people so far support this suggestion. what might have started as a decent idea has ended up being more of a hassle for trans and/or nonbinary people across the site. people who don't support this might try to say "oh, but it's such a minor thing, can't you wait till getting more GP?" and... no, not everyone can handle the dysphoria of something like that displaying the wrong gender for so long. i'm speaking from an outsider perspective so take my words with a BIG grain of salt, but some people might look at their trainer avatar and think "oh, this person is this gender" without reading their bio, and that's going to give some non-cis people a TON of anxiety if their trainer avatar isn't accurate. support. i don't see a single reason this wouldn't be needed other than for consistency's sake, but even then, we've established ways it would make sense with the other options.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these

QUOTE originally posted by mikestarprince

i'm really, really happy that so many people so far support this suggestion. what might have started as a decent idea has ended up being more of a hassle for trans and/or nonbinary people across the site. people who don't support this might try to say "oh, but it's such a minor thing, can't you wait till getting more GP?" and... no, not everyone can handle the dysphoria of something like that displaying the wrong gender for so long. i'm speaking from an outsider perspective so take my words with a BIG grain of salt, but some people might look at their trainer avatar and think "oh, this person is this gender" without reading their bio, and that's going to give some non-cis people a TON of anxiety if their trainer avatar isn't accurate. support. i don't see a single reason this wouldn't be needed other than for consistency's sake, but even then, we've established ways it would make sense with the other options.
Exactly! I don't have that anxiety (still questioning and very confused), but I know some people will have it. If anyone says that someone should wait til they get more GP, I'll hecc em up >:^ some of us are...broke :( it's hard to get lots of GP for some of us sobs. I say the charge should be removed. Skin tone and eye color changes should still cost GP though, it just makes more sense to charge for those. I'm glad you guys agree with me!
Bravelove's AvatarBravelove
it was super dissapointing to me when i went to change my avatars gender because i first made this account long long before i realized i was genderfluid! It would cost me a lot of gp to keep up with that, even changing my character to the neutral state would cost me gp, at the very least the neutral state should be free i feel
Icon Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky(c) Nintendo
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I don't like the idea of outright removing the fee. As a general rule, everything should have some cost otherwise the game's economy just keeps on exploding. This is actually one of the biggest issues I have with Scouring, is it just "prints free stuff", but it's a core gameplay mechanic that can't be changed now. But I can certainly agree that the fee is too high, and so I have reduced it to a fraction of what it was. I've also removed the "cooldown" period. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I hope this resolves your issue.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I don't like the idea of outright removing the fee. As a general rule, everything should have some cost otherwise the game's economy just keeps on exploding. This is actually one of the biggest issues I have with Scouring, is it just "prints free stuff", but it's a core gameplay mechanic that can't be changed now. But I can certainly agree that the fee is too high, and so I have reduced it to a fraction of what it was. I've also removed the "cooldown" period. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I hope this resolves your issue.
The new proce is 10gp. Thats a huge improvement. I do have one suggestion... could it cost credits instead? Since the currency is earned via gameplay; in the case someone does run out of GP they wouldn't be able to change their gender until they get more and GP is harder to get. Where as its super easy to earn a smaller amount of credits just by playing the game.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I think keeping it as GP is fine. You get 10 GP for free just for logging on for 5 days, and plenty of opportunities to get more such as from Fabulous Friday, Contests... with the new price, you could easily change gender/skin tone/eye colour multiple times a day just using the free GP you get from participating in gameplay. With that in mind, I'm keeping it as GP for the wish. Toss a coin to your 'Rachi ;)

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page