PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pen and Paper - A Writers Clan

Forum Index > Other > Other Clans >

Pages: 123··· 1415161718··· 282930

Shazi's AvatarShazi
It's okay to know your limits. Even if you didn't do much you still got more than you had before!!
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Sockinfridge's AvatarSockinfridge
Username: Sockinfridge Native language?: English In how many languages do you write?: One. only english Storyteller or poet? (or both?): Storyteller Original Fiction or Fanfiction? (or both?): Fiction. What is your preferred genre?: FANTASY 4 EVA! Will you be sharing with us?: Yes! Is there anywhere we can find your work?:I guess... here? Show us some of your writing!: (in the hidebox please)

the pancham that was never full

"crunchmunchcrunch." Alexis looked on in disgust as her pancham singlehandedly emptied her entire fridge. "Oh Cookie, when will you ever stop eating!? " Her pancham looked up at her and briefly acknowledging her existence, then turning back to his half-eaten turkey. "I cant afford to keep feeding you for much longer." That was true. Her family was extremly poor and worked hard for every penny, but Cookie was burning through their money like a flame on a sack of hay.
forum profile drawn by slytherin queen. love her! Chikorita by aud.rey Vaporeon by Arquanine.
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Welcome to the clan, Sockinfridge!
Also, today I reached the 50k in NaNoWriMo ^_^
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
Shazi's AvatarShazi

QUOTE originally posted by Calle

Also, today I reached the 50k in NaNoWriMo ^_^
wow congrats!! I have only managed 40 this month amongst everything else that's been going on IRL for me (new cat, medical shenanigans, it's a whole thing) but that's more than I had before~
Aemilia's AvatarAemilia
I didn't even get to start due to Navy obligations and problems within my class, but I hope to start something and write a little bit each week from here on, even if it's small, just throughout the year. ^^ Congrats on meeting the goal!!
Buying: BSDs 20 ZC Prisms 70 ZC
Icons/Template by Aemilia

by Kaede

With NaNoWriMo over, what is your next writing goal? Do you have some unfinished stories you want to finish? Do you have an idea for a new one? Are you going to edit an old story? I've still got a few unfinished stories to work on and I need to edit my fantasy novel. My first project will be taking my harry potter fanfic and redo it. I am leaving the original on the fanfic site because I love that story, but I had some new ideas that could also work, and instead of changing the story I have I'll make a new one that will be accessible for all ages and more canon compliant.
Dystøpianist's AvatarDystøpianist
Ok, so I was doing this prompt for a drabble, a story that’s exactly one hundred words. After a while, I thought of the old rain prompt that I really wanted to write about. So here’s what I came up with:

QUOTE originally posted by Dystopianist

Rain pours on my head. I ignore it. When I was little, my grandfather would tell me that all water in the world lived in an endless cycle. They would live on the earth for a time, for a few seconds or a few millennia. But when it was time, it was time. They would evaporate one way or another, ascend to the higher plane.  But their journey wouldn’t end there. The sky would grow dark, the clouds heavy, and the water would come back down to live again. I silently pray, pleading for him to return with the rain.
Just something of note, I didn’t complete this by the deadline so it doesn’t count.
I have a complete set of Arceus plates! You can borrow them for 10k credits/10 gp/2 Zophan a plate! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g8ybtF5fck
Wow, that's really good. Thanks for sharing it.
selocon's Avatarselocon
I don't know if I ever shared this with you guys, but it's the intro to a new story I'm working on.

Panthera Squad

A beat up RV rumbled down the dirt road with signs to the "Panthera Conservatory" inside were 8 people of varying nationalities, all fast asleep, and a young man--probably no older than 29--driving, almost as soon as the RV passes through the gate, the 8 people are up and quickly running out of the RV, disappearing into the grasslands-like environment of the conservatory. "What's up with them?" A scientist asked, coming out of the building they pulled up to. "We've been gone for over a month, they haven't been able to be themselves and run. It's either been a demo, a conference, or a talk. They're tired of being humans. Leo wanted to ride back in cat form, but I didn't fancy the possibility of getting pulled over and asked why I have 8 big cats stuffed into my RV." Felix said, rolling his eyes slightly. As he spoke, a large Jaguar climbed into a tree and laid on a branch, basking in the sun. A few roars were heard in the distance, and Felix and the scientist narrowly avoided getting trampled by a trio of Cougars. "Sorry to hear about James. He was a good man." The scientist said, as Felix nodded. "He was. Without him, hundreds of big cats would've ended up in zoos." James Baker was a world renown animal conservationist and scientist, looking to create a method to help prevent extinction of many big cats, his life's passion. Shortly after he founded the Conservatory and lab, he had his breakthrough--sort of. What he discovered was a way to merge the DNA of animals and humans--without hybridization. The chemicals involved would give a person the ability to completely control this process. He needed to test it, but he knew that he couldn't trust just anyone with this--one slipped word and the government would be on top of his research--so he set out to find the best test subjects. He adopted 8 orphans from around the world to test his serum on. If it failed, and the kids died, no one would miss them. If it did nothing, well James could raise 8 kids. But if it succeeded, James would have an amazing scientific breathrough, and would let the children embrace their abilities as they desired. It worked. The children became known as the Panthera Squad. They were involved in conservationist work from an early age, and by the time they were adults, they were attending conferences and conventions the world over talking about protecting big cats and similar work. Suddenly a long roar from Leo sounded, followed by a pained sound from somewhere else in the conservatory. "Tigra!" The Jaguar guy shouted, having changed back to human form. Suddenly he was back in cat form, jumping down from the tree and running across the grounds. Felix growled. "Let's go!" He said, running over to the side of the building and jumping on an ATV. "Grab the other one, it's got a specialized stretcher that can carry one of them in cat form!" He shouted over his shoulder as he sped off after Kiama. He was soon overtaken by a cheetah--unsurprisingly-- and he knew that the trio of leopards was following him without even needing to look. He looked to his right, and saw Leo on a pursuit course--with a man he's never seen. "Leo! Get down!" He shouted, revving the ATV and pushing it far beyond it's limits to speed at the guy. Before he could react, the man pulled a gun and shot at him, causing Felix to fall to the ground as Leo returned to human form. "Felix!" Leo shouted, running over to the younger man, who was writhing on the ground in pain. "Are you okay?" He asked, and all Felix could do was nod slightly, causing Leo to growl a deep, guttural growl. He turned around to face the man that had attacked Felx. "What did you do to him?" "What? So you can hit me? I'm not scared of you!" The man said, and Leo smirked briefly before roaring--a roar that was like that of a lion. Before the other man could react, Leoo leaned forward and took off at a sprint, transforming as he did so. Within moments Leo was gone, replaced by a large lion, bounding towards the man. He screamed, and turned to run, only to be confronted with a growling tigress. He noticed immediately the human-lik blue eyes staring back at him and took off at a run in a random direction away from the cats--or so he though. After 10 minutes of running, he stopped, clutching his side, he had no real clue where in the sanctuary he was, but what he did know is he felt a feeling of dread. He soon figured out why as a snow leopard, clouded leopard, and regular leopard, all approached him from three different directions, all with human-like eyes. "What are you?!" He shouted with unsupported confidence, hoping to possibly scare them off. "Larus, Mich, Tar. Stand down." A voice said from above him, and the man looked up, seeing another shirtless man standing in the tree he had been backed into. The man jumped down, as a cheetah, the tiger, and Leo joined them, as well as an 8th man. "I highly recommend you leave, before I actually let my companions have at you this time." The man blinked and in moments the cats were gone, replaced with a total of 8 people of various nationalities. Before he could think of anything else, he took off away from the group. "How's Felix?" Kiama asked, and James responded, "He'll be fine, the bullet only grazed him, but he's in a lot of pain." Mich growled, "I saw that man follow us in, but I thought he was coming to ask what we do." Larus and Tar both nodded, the three leopards had always been close, and formed their own mini-pride. "I felt him before I knew he was there, so I was prepared." Tigra said, smirking.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
I read through your writing and I like the idea behind it, but I did need to read it twice to understand what was happening, so it may need some finetuning. There are some things I noticed that I want share.

Feedback

The first paragraph is one long sentence. It could be broken up into two. The part beginning with 'almost a soon as the RV passes through the gate' should be a seperate sentence. Or a new paragraph. The scientists mentions 'Sorry to hear about James, he was a good man', implying his death, but we meet James later in the story. That was confusing. Also, since I am on the subject of James: the scientists who experiment on children are usually not the good guys in fiction. He made his experiments public, the Panthera Squad goes to conventions. Is everyone okay with it, or will the ethics surrounding experiments on children be highlighted as well? When Felix is shot, there's not a lot of emotion there. It looks like the story is from the perspective of Felix: he talks with the scientist, he runs over to the side of the building and shouts orders, he notices he is overtaken by the cheetah. But when he's shot we don't get anything from his perspective, it's just mentioned he falls. I would add more detail to the shot. The change between the backstory of James and the returning to the present is very sudden. Maybe you could add something like "Felix got pulled out of his thoughts when suddenly a long roar from Leo sounded" to make the change between the exposition and the current story a little less abrupt. Overall, it looks like an interesting story and I hope you will write more about the Panthera Squad.

Pages: 123··· 1415161718··· 282930

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page