PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pen and Paper - A Writers Clan

Forum Index > Other > Other Clans >

Pages: 123··· 89101112··· 282930

Calle I can understand skipping over descriptions because it just does't stick. XD My biggest problem with my aphantasia is that I end up writing my characters i really robotic ways. So, usually when I edit, I have to make some serious effort to use more descriptive verbs. RobTheBobert Alright, I'll definitely try to tone it down a little with the comparisons when I get to what she's wearing. Thank you!
When you get a random albino legendary. PM me about cheap dex trading.
Lv. 100 — +504,410
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
ElectricFlying
Happiness 27%
Jolly nature
Loksfjoer's Avatarhypermode-12.pngLoksfjoer
mod.pnghypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngc.png
I've been told similar things about descriptions, that they felt like a list of facts rather than part of the story. So it's something I had to work on as well.
I just learned that NaNoWriMo decided to have no official in-person NaNoWriMo events in 2020. That made me realise I never joined any community events, not in person or the virtual gatherings. Did any of you participate in the social aspect of NaNoWriMo?
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
I've never participated in any official NaNoWri Mo social events, but the two years I was an RA in undergrad, I would make a NaNoWriMo board on my hall where I would post a writing prompt a day. That's the most I've ever really done for NaNoWriMo.
StarWarsGirl's AvatarStarWarsGirl
grandmaster.pngb.png
Username: StarWarsGirl Native language?: English In how many languages do you write?: Just English, so, one. Storyteller or poet? (or both?): Both! Original Fiction or Fanfiction? (or both?): Original Fiction all the way! What is your preferred genre?: Fantasy and Realistic Fiction Will you be sharing with us?: Is there anywhere we can find your work?: My PF Journal has a few poems of mine in it! Show us some of your writing!:

Tear Trees

Alone. Left. Abandoned. Stranded. Found... But right now, she felt more lost than ever. She took shuddering breaths as she continued to cry. Her tears trailed to her lips and she licked the salty droplets. They left trails on her cheeks. Pretty trails. They looked like trees. But those trees were dead, and so was her heart.
Sorry the sample was kinda short... ^^’
Score: 0
summon_vcn.png × 5 / 150
Star's Stuff (Shop)
Loksfjoer's Avatarhypermode-12.pngLoksfjoer
mod.pnghypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngc.png
That's fine StarWarsGirl. Welcome to the clan :)
StarWarsGirl's AvatarStarWarsGirl
grandmaster.pngb.png
Thank you very much!! I’ll probably post a few poems later on or edit this post with them. ^^
Dystøpianist's AvatarDystøpianist
grandmaster.pngd.png
Hey, does anybody have tips for writing horror? My current theory on horror writing is to wrap a preexisting fear or anxiety with a bundle of negative space and logical implications, from what I’ve read of my favorite writers.
I have a complete set of Arceus plates! You can borrow them for 10k credits/10 gp/2 Zophan a plate! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g8ybtF5fck
selocon's Avatarselocon
elite.pngc.png
Best thing I've found is the same as writing of any suspenseful scene: Your own heart should be pounding while writing it.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
koratta's Avatarkoratta
master.pnge+.png
how do you guys figure out what you want the first line of your story to be? i always kinda get stuck starting things so it'd be cool if you guys could share what helps you.
I usually try to write the most interesting line I possibly can. Something that makes sense for the story. For example, I recently started writing a story, and the first line is "I was fourteen when I realized I was going to be murdered." It catches people's attention, and it also gives an idea of what's actually going to come next. This, of course, doesn't work for everything. But it definitely is a good idea to use a bit of shock factor to draw readers in.

Pages: 123··· 89101112··· 282930

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page