PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Add Alt-Text to Region Flags

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

seshennu's Avatarseshennu
Suggestion Title: Add an alt text to Pokémon region flags Suggestion Summary: Hovering over a region flag on a Pokémon's page should show what region that flag represents. I made an example (very messy MS Paint example, sorry ^^; ) of what that could look like for clarification: Positive points: A small QoL change that helps clarify what those little flags mean. Doesn't impact anyone who wouldn't need it or affect game balance in any way. Negative points: I can't think of any? Reason For Consideration: Many websites have alt texts for non-universally recognized icons when you hover over them. Pokéfarm has them too, like in the menu bar when you hover over things like the Shiny Charm, Lucky Egg, Egg Timer, etc. Adding the alt text to the flags can help clarify what region a Pokémon belongs to without opening up the Pokédex and matching the flag, or just memorizing them. Potentially useful for newcomers to the series, or people who aren't familiar with the newer games yet. ETA: This might also be useful for people with certain forms of colorblindness or other visual impairments, if the colors/markings of the flags aren't too clear on their own Thank you for your consideration!
i honestly can't see any cons to this? it's not too hard to add a tip to an image and i'd rather not have to go to a pokemon's dex entry ( specially if i dont have that specific 'mon ) to find out their region so it sounds like an easy solution to a small problem. the only problem people might see is that " it isn't needed! you can just click the dex entry or look up what region the pokemon is from! no support! " but i mean you could say that quite a few QoL things arent needed. ex. being: auto-choosing boxes, grace period in the marketplace, etc. we don't " need " these things but they are nice to have. but like @seshennu said, it could help people who have eye problems ( and who would rather not waste time looking region flags up ). edit: i can already hear people saying stuff like: " it aint that hard to look it up " " what's the point of this? no one will use it " " why would we need this? " " just go to your pokedex. it has all the regions there anyway " listen mate it just saves time. some people might use it every once in a while. and, as you know because you yourself were once a beginner like everyone else, when you dont have a 'mons / eggs dex entry, it just says " egg / pokemon ". " if it doesnt have a nickname, then it should still have the species name! just put <pokemon>s region into google! it isnt that hard! " like i said earlier, it saves time. auto choosing boxes saves time, and im sure some people probably said " we dont need this, just click the boxes ". but look at that, it was made into a feature anyway.
all art used is official art unless other stated! my profile picture is a scan of the pokemon adventure manga that i've resized for my own use!
Lv. 23 — 1,415 / 1,657
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
IceGround
Happiness MAX
Bold nature
support! i honestly can't think of a single reason not to if people are going to argue against this suggestion, the "just google what region it's from" argument absolutely does not work here on pfq. sylveon is a kalos pokemon in canon, but a kanto pokemon on pfq. mantine is johto in canon, sinnoh in pfq.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these

QUOTE originally posted by mikestarprince

if people are going to argue against this suggestion, the "just google what region it's from" argument absolutely does not work here on pfq. sylveon is a kalos pokemon in canon, but a kanto pokemon on pfq. mantine is johto in canon, sinnoh in pfq.
sorry, just trying to cover all the bases nwn; but now that you've said that, people can't just yeet out there as a " why not ".
Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
I definitely do support this! Sometimes I do major dex trades and I always end up putting some pokemon in the wrong fields because I misinterprent the region flag! Often I am on mobile so pulling up the dex is a hard thing to do for me. This would definitely be a good QoL improvement!
I personally can't think of any reason why this shouldn't be implemented. I often need to check up my Pokemon's region and, even thouhg I like the flags, I forget what region are they for, or make a wrong guess. It's a small change that I believe would help out a lot of users. 100% Support!
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
Qwertypop04's AvatarQwertypop04
This is a small quality of life feature, and even though it probably will only be used occasionally, it will help users, especially beginners
Yahan's AvatarYahan
I support! This might actually help me learn the region flags lol. Although because of how I function as a person, I can also foresee other perspectives on things. I know some users (including me at times) struggle with the hover-over tool tips on mobile. How could we make this the most accessible to those users too?
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
carinae's Avatarcarinae
Support!! I can never remember the flags, this would make it much easier! (@Yahan I think you can click on tooltips on mobile to show them)
elliot • they/them quit, dm xim#7352 if you need me
Cattafang's AvatarCattafang
support. i usually end up having to go back and forth to the pokedex and the Pokémon to figure out the region it’s from, so those would definitely help a lot. it seems simple yet useful.
Catta • Any Pronouns • Resident No Signal Enjoyer JOURNALLINKLINK æ there. i’m catta and I usually lurk around forums and stuff nowadays-

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page