PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Allow Spoilers in Journals [under 2 conditions]

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123

selocon's Avatarselocon
I understand both sides of the argument. I'm for a re-evaluation of the spoiler policy. I'm not sure if I support this or not. And here's why: Improperly tagged/misleading tags on the hideboxes. It's the same reason I despise the spoiler tags on Discord. People play with them. I could, under your suggestion, type something stupid and tag it with "secret from XYZ game" "are you sure" and then it be something like "hi". I see this all the time in practically every discord server, people playing with spoiler tags and, because humans are naturally curious, you click on it, revealing it. Or, in another server I'm in, people will literally use my above example, in fact, here's an example message from that server: "Hey guys! I just found a secret area in <game>! Here's how to find it: ||GOT YOU! There's no secret area||" Maybe with more text in the || to make it look like the way to unlock it is long, but it's nonsense. If something like that could be prevented, then by all means, let's do this, but this is a major issue I can see, as you have trolls everywhere.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
D.MC's AvatarD.MC

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

I understand both sides of the argument. I'm for a re-evaluation of the spoiler policy. I'm not sure if I support this or not. And here's why: Improperly tagged/misleading tags on the hideboxes. It's the same reason I despise the spoiler tags on Discord. People play with them. I could, under your suggestion, type something stupid and tag it with "secret from XYZ game" "are you sure" and then it be something like "hi". I see this all the time in practically every discord server, people playing with spoiler tags and, because humans are naturally curious, you click on it, revealing it. Or, in another server I'm in, people will literally use my above example, in fact, here's an example message from that server: "Hey guys! I just found a secret area in <game>! Here's how to find it: ||GOT YOU! There's no secret area||" Maybe with more text in the || to make it look like the way to unlock it is long, but it's nonsense. If something like that could be prevented, then by all means, let's do this, but this is a major issue I can see, as you have trolls everywhere.
the only way i can see that being prevented is by reporting it and having that as a rule that false spoilers are not allowed. but that may cause a few issues with some players but tbh it's a rule that would make sense because they are kinda abusing the spoiler rule.

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Moving this to "Approved". Be advised that the announcement and the relevant rules still need adjusting so I suggest not doing anything yet until this thread has been moved to "Completed".
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
@selocon: I'd just see that as more of an annoyance thing? And something that people can do already under hideboxes, for anything. It miiiiight fall under something like false advertising if its uh, malicious?? but I think it'd just be mildly annoying at worst, which is not much worse than what can already be achieved, haha. If people start making misleading/meme-y threads/posts for no other purpose then yeah, it should be marked as off-topic or spam, just like any other spam post/thread. If people post it to their own journals like, it's their own journals, they can post whatever they want, as annoying as they want, as long as it's not harmful or otherwise goes against site rules. Just don't go to their journal then, haha. also......YOOOOOO SICK this is wonderful news!!! I'm so happy this is being looked at for approval, thank you so much!! ;;;<;;; This really does mean a lot to me!!
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page