PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Fields & Affinities

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 12

WaterWølf600's AvatarWaterWølf600

fields & affinities

I got sick of constantly referring to other people's fields and constantly lost track of field-related things, especially the information on what fields raised which pokemon's happiness, so I made this if the mods wish for this to be elsewhere or feel this doesn't really belong in guides, please do let me know

combos

if you wish to have fields where at least each type will be able to gain happiness (in the event you wish to raise a pokemon's happiness without using sweethearts/naturally), I would recommend buying a
fighting
ground
ice
dark
fairy
bug
and
water
field please let me know if there's another combination of fields (less than 7 as the aim is less fields in general) where every type at least has a field they would be happy in (although I'm not actually sure if people needed/wanted the above information, I believe it would be helpful if you were trying to mass make RtE for yourself for any pokemon or just be able to raise a pokemon's happiness via fields without buying any more fields than necessary) likewise, if for some reason you wanted a combination of fields where each type would at least dislike one, then the fields are
bug
ghost
steel
electric
fighting
and
fire
note: ice types do not dislike any of the fields, the next best option to reduce happiness would to either use the reg gig or to trade the pokemon with another user to reset it

fields & type affinities

type
none
none

text version

type "likes" "dislikes"
normal none rock, ghost, steel
fire grass, ice, bug, steel water, rock, dragon
water fire, ground, rock grass, dragon
electric water, flying grass, ground, dragon
grass water, ground, rock fire, poison, flying, bug, dragon, steel
ice grass, ground, flying, dragon fire, water, steel
fighting normal, ice, rock, dark, steel poison, flying, psychic, bug, ghost, fairy
poison grass, fairy ground, rock, ghost, steel
ground fire, electric, poison, rock, steel grass, flying, bug
flying grass, fighting, bug electric, rock, steel
psychic fighting, poison dark, steel
bug grass, psychic, dark fire, fighting, poison, flying, ghost, steel, fairy
rock fire, ice, flying, bug fighting, ground, steel
ghost psychic normal, dark
dragon none steel, fairy
dark psychic, ghost fighting, fairy
steel ice, rock, fairy fire, water, electric
fairy fighting, dragon, dark fire, poison, steel
(please let me know if anything in this guide needs rewording or is confusing)
© template by odinsflower, for waterwolf600's use only
they/them | +10 server time occasionally active pfp credit
Wanderen's AvatarWanderen
Hi there, First, thanks very much for this guide. Second, it might need to be updated?
Drew my own avatar, finally, so yes I have permission to use it. =)
has there been any changes in fields + their affinities since me posting this to need an update? :0
I'm not sure. That's why I was asking. The affinity thing still confuses me a bit, to be honest. Sometimes it seems very counterintuitive, like how the grass and bug types grow happier in a fire typed field. I'm grateful for it but yeah... The mental images, you know? XD Oh and in your combo section, how do you raise the happiness of ghost type pokemon without a ghost typed field? With the dark field? I've decided to try that today and am not having much luck with it yet.
ahah yea, the affinities don't quite always make sense which is why i ultimately decided to make this and to answer your question, yes the dark type field would work, although i believe it would happen at a slower rate than simply using a ghost type field. you would also have to give it some time as the happiness wouldn't increase immediately. it might also be worth checking if the pokemon is ghost/fighting or ghost/fairy? i'm not too informed on the specifics, but those other types hating dark fields could also potentially play a part in the speed that happiness increases ^^
Aha. Okay. Thanks for explaining. Sincerely do appreciate your chart. It is a useful reference. Have been looking for something like this. Was thrown off, I guess, by the different speeds at which happiness can iincrease. Thought I had misunderstood something here. So Pokemon type = same as field type = happiness increases most quickly Pokemon type = not the same as field type but liked = slower increase of happiness Pokemon type = not the same as field type and disliked = happiness will decrease Ah yes, the conflicting dual types. Mega Persian -a normal and ghost typed pokemon - was one of the ones that puzzled me for awhile. It dislikes both of the fields that matched its types. Think I eventually put it in the dark type field, too. More questions: - if a pokemon has reached max happiness, can it be placed into a neutral/unknown type field without risking the happiness decreasing? -Any idea if delta pokemon are affected any differently by fields? I mean... If you put a delta ghost type pokemon in a ghost type field, would it's happiness increase at the same rate as a regular plain ghost? Or would the fact that it was a delta cause the happiness to increase more slowly?
yup, pokemon can be kept in a typeless field without decrease of happiness (unless if i'm remembering wrong, but i'm pretty sure that's the case) unfortunately i'm not too sure about how the deltas are affected by the field's types. that may be something you could either test yourself or ask around if anyone would happen to know ^^;;
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
Sorry in advance for TL:DR. I don't have data on deltas yet, but the basic concept behind fields is: * Pokemon whose types match exactly or that are weak against the field's type like that field. So in general both water and fire Pokemon will both like water fields. * Pokemon who are resistant or immune to a field's type will dislike that field. So like steel and ghost types in normal fields. Dual types is where things get complicated... * If a Pokemon is both weak against and resists the field type, the end result will be neutral, no gain/loss of happiness, such as a water/grass type in a fire field. * If both a Pokemon's types like or dislike a field, they will gain/lose happiness faster than a single type in the same situation, such as ice/bug in a fire field. * Immunity overrides everything else, and those Pokemon will always hate the field and drop happiness very fast, such as ghost types in normal fields. I am working on gathering data about exactly how fast each combo gains/loses happiness, and may add to the wiki or something when I feel a little better about my numbers' accuracy. But perhaps it will help you? There are more examples if nothing else. https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/323682/Field-happiness-gain-loss-data I never was sure why Pokemon like fields that are super effective against them, seems backwards at first thought, but I think it's based on a mechanic in one of the official games, like maybe mystery dungeon or something idk. (My dream was to make something where you selected a Pokemon or type(s) and it tells you which fields are liked/disliked and to what degree, but that goes beyond basic forum coding so idk if I'll ever do it due to needing hosting, trust, etc)
Thank you both very much! @Tarashia - Extra thanks for the detailed rundown about rates of happiness for dual typed pokemon! To build a thing that tells you which field is best for each pokemon, that would be amazing. Also incredibly time consuming. Especially considering that most of the pokemon change or expand their types as they evolve or if they have different formes. Well, I've had a delta ghost type pokemon sitting in a dark type field overnight and it's happiness % has not changed at all. Which is a shame because I was hoping to raise it.
QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
Deltas' like/dislike of fields is based on their original species. I have a collection of delta Kecleons in a normal field and all of them are max happiness. As to why the types are chosen this way, I believe it is based on Gummis and how they raise IQ in the earlier Mystery Dungeon games. Pokemon get the most IQ out of Gummis that match their type, and Gummis of types that are supereffective against them give more IQ than Gummis of types that are not very effective against them. Bulbapedia page on this topic (Just another of the numerous other PMD references here, including Boxes and the Guild Iggly line.)
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page