PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Report Rewards

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

xie lian's Avatarxie lian
Suggestion Title: Report Rewards Suggestion Summary: To get rewards for putting in reports to the mod. Maybe like a little bit of currency or 24 hours of hypermode, whatever is on your mind! The people who ACTUALLY reported could be overlooked, while the false reporters get nothing. Positive points: Gets more people to contribute to looking out for rule breaking users! It could also help people who do like, lets say, 30 reports a day and get nothing out of it. Negative points:Mods, watch out for 100 posts a day to solve. Reason For Consideration: Mods work a lot. And users are there to help them. Really, they should get something out of it for helping the mods.
avatar is official art from a project sekai card
× 0 / 50
(i am NOT collecting summons they just look cute)
söbble's Avatarsöbble
No support at all. All this would do is encourage people to make false reports and make more work for the moderators in the long run. I highly doubt anyone out there who reports things for the right reasons feels like they need a reward. Plenty of reports get filed and I've never seen anything overtly rule breaking go unreported - and none of this needs or has needed a reward.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
Yahan's AvatarYahan
I apologize but I also don’t support. I get the heart behind it, don’t get me wrong, but I personally believe that extrinsic rewards tend to do more harm than good. Plus isn’t a good community a good enough reward in of itself? Also how would you keep track of this? ‘Cause if it was by how many reports people send in chaos ensues. A good number of the reports I’ve sent in turned out to not be an issue at all. I was just overthinking about it xD
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
LeviTeh's AvatarLeviTeh
I don’t give any support, it would be work for the mods and it could get users that didn’t do anything in trouble
VII's AvatarVII
i agree with levi, people could go around reporting people for no reason just to get rewards, and it only makes it harder on the mods who have to sort through all these reports. plus, the people who actually did something wrong could easily be forgotten/not taken seriously about through the mountain of false accusations, so the people who actually need to be punished could be overlooked while the people who did nothing get in trouble.
xie lian's Avatarxie lian

QUOTE originally posted by milove;4647022 plus, the people who actually did something wrong could easily be forgotten/not taken seriously about through the mountain of false accusations, so the people who actually need to be punished could be overlooked while the people who did nothing get in trouble.[/quote

Oops, let me add that lil detail
Amanome's AvatarAmanome
Disclaimer: replying as a user and not as a moderator. I really can't get behind this for an abundance of reasons. The main one being: You shouldn't need to give out rewards for people doing the right thing. When you start giving out incentives for people to report rule-breaking, it's no longer something you should do because you want to help out the site, it's now just a reason for you to get something out of it. One of the comments that you made doesn't sit well with me at all.

Mods work a lot. And users are there to help them. Really, they should get something out of it for helping the mods.
Yes, users are here to help us with reports. We're are not omnipresent and as such, we do not have active knowledge of someone breaking the rules unless a. We happen to come across it ourselves or b. Another user reports the instance of rule breaking. But, this comment reads off to me as being very entitled. Just because you help someone out doesn't really mean you deserve to get anything. If I can interject with a real world application of this: in the United States, I often see the problem of people refusing to help one another because they're not going to get anything out of it. This, in all honesty, is a sickening mindset that I really don't want on our site When you help someone out, the joy and pride you feel by doing something right and knowing that you did a good thing by helping out others should be your motivation- not items and definitely not currency. The pleasant feelings given to us by our good deeds last longer than a monetary reward. If we implemented this, how long do you think it would take before users decided that their current 'prize' wasn't enough? What if they want more because they feel they caught a "more serious" rule breaker or feel like that have submitted more reports than the average user? Programs where you offer rewards to do simple tasks that you already should be doing are prone to failure. People will often make things up just to attempt to receive rewards for it. Frankly, we already have enough legitimate reports and site issues to handle, I really don't think we need to be flooded with fake ones either. Plus, how would the reward be generated? Would it be automatically given out by Sally when you submit your report? Would a moderator need to send it to you if we feel your report is an actual issue? If I can be honest for a moment, I really don't want to be saddled with the responsibility of handing out prizes for people doing the things they're supposed to be doing in the first place. I'm getting anxious just thinking about trying to handle a report and having a user pester me for a prize because they didn't receive it immediately or it wasn't what they were wanting. PFQ is a community of users who all interact with each other. As a community we have obligations to one another to help keep PFQ safe and ensure the wellbeing of all players. Basically, we're a family and we look out for each other. This includes reporting other users when they're breaking the rules. If we start offering prizes for reports, people could potentially stop reporting because the prize isn't good enough for them and could hold important information hostage (in the case of more serious reports) until we offered them something that they deemed worthy enough to give their information to you for. Or we could have users teaming up with each other to break the rules and split the rewards, especially if it was high enough. Both of these scenarios are unacceptable displays of behavior that this suggestion could potentially bring with it. Hopefully my points make sense, if they don't, feel free to respond and I'll try to explain them in more detail. I just woke up and Mr. Brain is giving me a bit of trouble :P
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ Buying for zc - 60zc ZC UFT: 2 Free Toyhou.se Codes PM me! ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
code: izu.ku| bkgd
selocon's Avatarselocon
Why would this be needed? I've sent in more reports than I can count, most of which are "wrong forum" or "early bump" that's legit all I put in the box. Should I get rewarded for typing 2 words?
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Miss Reaper's AvatarMiss Reaper
Oh gosh no support. I do NOT want to get a reward for someone else's bad behavior. Half the time someone doesn't even know they are doing something wrong and I refuse to be rewarded for their mistakes lol
T h e P r i n c e s s S h o p Avatar Art by Lady-Penumbra. For me
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Official GIF from Steven Universe!
Zen's AvatarZen
I just want to chime in, in another game I play, they used to have something similar. They had a system where non-punished players could go through reports and decide if someone should be punished or not for a small amount of currency. However, you only got it if the person was punished. So people would go through and, without even reading the logs of the reported person, click "yes" to punish the user. A lot of people got punished for literally nothing or something so tiny it wasn't even worth punishing them for it. All because people wanted a tiny amount of currency. It also caused a huge backlog because those who didn't vote to punish would get kicked from the program since they went against the majority vote, so people who needed to get punished weren't getting punished until months later. We don't need people to get super report happy just because they have the chance to get something. We also don't need to make the mods work 24/7 just to keep up with the mass of reports. All that would do would cause Staff to have to go through tons more reports for things that probably aren't even reportable just because someone wants currency.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page