PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Breeding rates updated

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
So a while ago some of you Early Access users may remember I changed the Breeding system. Before: 1 breeding chance every half hour, or 15 minutes with the Gigaremo After: 1 breeding chance every 256 interactions, or 128 with the Gigaremo. This was done to closer mirror the official games, in which you must take 256 steps for a breeding chance. Now, some time later, I have NUMBERS! Without a Red Gigaremo, you get roughly 4 breeding chances for every 1,000 interactions. However the averge compatibility of all pairs that have ever been in the DayCare is... 47%, which is higher than I expected XD Anyway, call it 50%. This means that 1,000 interactions will produce two Eggs on average. However, the average user makes 529 interactions in a day. So... on average users produce one Egg per day. Users can adopt one Egg per day. Ergo, statistically speaking, the Shelter is always empty even with nobody adopting anything. In light of this, I have quadrupled the breeding chances. One "breeding cycle" is now 64 interactions. THIS is what Beta is for! :D
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Giratina182's AvatarGiratina182
Ok, that explains why I couldn't find anything in the shelter. Well now I know.
hi132435's Avatarhi132435
Yus! Four times the eggs! It was very difficult before. Thanks Niet! :3
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
Hah, I actually wrote a suggestion to have the negatives of friendship removed from the giga unit during beta stage/this week but then I saw this thread and deleted it v.v Le whoops, next time I should actually read before I post.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
Kurai9Angel's AvatarKurai9Angel
I cannot stress how much I appreciate this update! However you sneaky person << restricting our ability to kick eggs to get more eggs xD! Ah well! Hopefully with as many new users as we have now we'll have more eggs being bred.
Methos's AvatarMethos
o.o Just... o.o You know, I tried to test once how many eggs the Daycare could hold, using the Red Giga. Stopped in the mid-60s because I ran out of people to click. I know what I'm doing tonight!
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
hi132435's Avatarhi132435
oh dear Well the shelter will finally have something in it!
Puffleduck's AvatarPuffleduck
Oh yay! It was so hard to get eggs before.. Now it's rewarding xD
ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ ᴛʀᴀᴄᴋs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɴᴇs ʟᴇᴛ ᴜs ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ғᴏʀᴡᴀʀᴅ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ
Template by Puffleduck. Official art used .
Muy bueno! Bennissimo! Thanks Niet! I'm not one for breeding, but I was tired of the empty shelters!
Go watch the YouTube trailer for God's NOT dead!
Methos's AvatarMethos
Er, much as I'm enjoying it and hate to say anything... was the new breeding rate also meant to turn off the Red Giga's happiness penalty? And here I was just thinking that with a Red Giga's egg chance at every 32 interactions, I was going to need to be really mindful of the happiness levels.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page