PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Arceus Rank Frustrations

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

Leonidas1754's AvatarLeonidas1754
EDIT2: Alright, since this has come up: this is not about making getting Arceus Rank easier. Please read the post all the way through. I know it's long, but there's been multiple comments now that have missed the point of this. It's fine if you disagree, but at least read it through. Please. Oh Arceus Rank. The status symbol of wonders, considering what it means. And it's darn difficult to get, as it should be. My problem with it? It's also nearly impossible to keep, especially if you want to use it's benefit: Boosted Melan chances on long chains. The thing that makes it nearly impossible to keep is tournaments. There's nothing wrong with tournaments themselves, heavens no, but the problem is that for the first four weeks of the tournament, new exclusive Pokemon are released as prizes. If you're not in the top 100, you have to spend 12 tokens of the current season to be able to unlock it, and the max you can get is 5 from any one week. Then there's the matter of your shiny chain, and having to use Egg Passes, which cost ZC to buy, in order to keep your chain. My problem with this is that it feels borderline impossible to actually keep Arceus rank and actually use it without spending a ton of money. If you don't place in the top 100, which can be difficult in and of itself while shiny hunting (Though the changes will hopefully help with that), you're going to be spending millions to get enough tokens, not to mention having to constantly buy Egg Passes. Even if by some miracle you manage to place in the top 100 for the first four weeks, THEN start your shiny hunt once you have rank, it's still not much time before the new season starts. You have about 2 months to hunt with your slightly boosted chance on long chains, and after that, you either have to spend a ton of time/money to keep that rank, or continue your hunt and lose your rank and bonus. When I first got my Arceus rank, I was so happy. I'd been working my butt off, searching for all the eggs I could find (Unknown, I love your concept, but I hate you so much because dex completion) and dex trading for other thing. I finally, finally got it though. I had it for three hours. Then the tournament ended. I don't think I've ever felt more crushed than in that moment. It was also incredibly, incredibly frustrating, because it felt like no matter what I did form that moment, there was absolutely no point in getting Arceus Rank. After all, I'd never have it long enough for it to matter, right? And I'm not the only one that's been frustrated with this, I know. At the time of making this post, I'm literally 2 dex entries away from Arceus rank again, but I can't even be excited about that because I know as soon as the current tournament ends, I'll be right back where I was before. I've got a few potential solutions for this: 1) Make there be a certain threshold before you lose your Arceus Rank. Maybe you have several weeks to get the missing Dexes, or perhaps you lose Arceus once you're missing 5 Eggdex and 20 Pokedex entries. 2) Have Exclusives not count for rank until they're breedable. To me, this feels like the most optimal solution in terms of gameplay, as it would give players more time/ways to get those egg/dex entries and more flexibility overall. The main problem with this one, though, is I have no idea what the logistics of implimenting this would be like. 3) Have the "boosted Melan chances on long chains" effect be permanent on the Account. A large part of Arceus rank is the prestiege with it, and I don't think having the rank itself be permanent is a good thing, but I feel like it's not something you should have to earn over and over every time a new Pokemon comes out to keep the effect. I highly doubt you can repeatedly get the other ranks' rewards by falling under the threshold and earning it again, so why should Arceus rank be the same? Granted, I'm not sure about that, but considering there is literally an item that resets your Dex completion, I wouldn't think they'd allow that to be exploited. I know the big issue with this one would be potentially harming the game's economy in terms of having permanently boosted melan chances, but in that sort of case, I would say the solution there is to lower the boost so that it (hopefully, at least) balances out. 4) Make the reward for Arceus Rank something else. Having that boosted Melan chance is nice, but it's the most frustrating thing about trying to keep Arceus Rank. If your response to my suggestion is "Well the effect of the boost isn't high enough to actually worry about, just don't bother with Arceus rank" ... then perhaps this would be the best option. If it's not something enough to actually matter as a reward, then it shouldn't be there, especially since Melans are so hard to get and any help with getting them is highly valued. Thank you for your time, I hope I managed to not come off like a raging jerk in this, I'm just so immensely frustrated with this right now. Melanistics are hard enough to get without having to constantly worry about your rank to keep the boost, and in the end it just feels completely pointless to even try, which is probably pretty bad in a game that isn't centered around beating you down, like say, Dark Souls. EDIT: I feel like I should make this clearer, due to some comments that have come up: This is not about making Arceus easier. GETTING Arceus should not be easy, and neither should keeping it, but as things are right now, keeping it is borderline impossible unless you constantly play or spend a lot of money. As someone who DOES play a lot but also has a job, I've found I'm simply unable to actually keep up Arceus rank at all, which is frustrating, because you immediately lose the benifet of it, never having enough time to actually use it.
Icon by Me
Poké-Hatcher's AvatarPoké-Hatcher
I am only missing 12 Eggdexes. Guzzlord, Type: Null, 5 Unown (which have their own issues), and the Season 5 Exclusives. I have an order for a Guzzlord Egg currently being waited on in the Egg Supplier, Type: Null is unlocked once you obtain Guzzlord,
spoiler
, Unown are breedable albeit a total crapshoot, but the Exclusives...? Top 100 is simply unfeasible for anyone who has work or school. I have to "waste" 16 hours of my day sleeping and going to school. 8 hours of nonstop work between getting out of school and going to bed only gets me to the Hard token tier and halfway to 100th place, and the gap only widens as I'm sleeping. What am I supposed to do? Stay up late just to click (and I already get a less-than-ideal 7 hours of sleep)? Skip school just to click? That is completely and utterly absurd to ask of your users. If even an active user cannot get Arceus simply because they have work, there is a fundamental flaw that needs to be looked at. And it is ridiculous to ask users to spend millions of Credits to buy more Tokens when they already have to spend a minimum of 5,250,000 Credits (and that's assuming they only buy UB Eggs from the Supplier on -25% Dusky days and didn't opt to buy Beast Balls like the game tells you to instead) to get all the Ultra Beasts. I have to spam the Trade forums with offers to get people to buy my stuff. Don't think everyone responds, much less accepts. Arceus demands far more effort than the reward you get is worth. At least in the main games if you complete the National Dex and unlock the Shiny Charm, it isn't taken away from you on that save file the next time a new Pokémon game comes out!
My babies: Avatar - art by myself / You can call me PH or Hatcher c:
StellaDaneb's AvatarStellaDaneb
i already made a suggestion regarding this, but I should add my input here too Yes arceus is supposed to be hard. No, none of us want it to be handed to us on a silver platter. We just want it to be realistically reachable and to be able to maintain it without no-lifing this. I already feel like im no-lifing this. I don't even pay attention to my school work so I can play this. It should be hard, but not impossible or so hard that players give up.
avatar made for me by Magnum-Opus (thank you!)
1/1000 boxes
SoberPie's AvatarSoberPie
support from me for all of the reasons stated above!!
icon by Tyler
Honestly the tournaments are the reason I haven't bothered to get that melan boost by now. I support any form of making Arceus rank more realistic to maintain.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
sauriel's Avatarsauriel
Support here too; that's the whole reason I don't want Arceus Rank. I know I can't maintain it for very long, if at all, because I don't have the funds to make it even possible. If it were more possible, like removing unbreedable Exclusives or leaving a threshold number of Pokémon/Dexes you can be missing, then I may actually try to get it. The current standard for it is simply too high for me to realistically obtain.
Check out some of my links below!
Code: Sauriel | Art: Xaandiir
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
Sorry, but no support. Arceus is meant to be a real damn hard challenge to keep, and is not for the casual player. I'm usually playing almost constantly and it's proving a challenge for even me- which is intended! Things like Arceus are supposed to be hell to get, so I don't see a reason to make it easier. However, I do understand your frustrations. Arceus rank was a pain the butt to recieve and mine will be gone by the end of the week. But, sadly, none of your solutions are reasonable imo- all of them kinda defeat the purpose of Arceus. After all, you're not Poke-God if you haven't caught them all, are you?
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 220
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
Copycat75's AvatarCopycat75
no support for the reason sunnelion stated
BrinnaSilvio's AvatarBrinnaSilvio
Support. Yes, I know Arceus is supposed to be hard to get, and it is! It took me two years. But I don't feel like it should be quite so hard to maintain. Making the cake is hard enough, I shouldn't have to chase it just to get a bite here and there. I'm burning more calories than I'm eating. Personally, I'd like it if tournament 'mons were CS sprites. Then people still would have something to shoot for and they wouldn't be so damning to Arceus rank players. I don't have time to make the top 100. Period. Sometimes I don't have time to make hard rank. That leaves me with buying tokens from other users, and the only guaranteed way to get 48 seems in 4 weeks is to buy them with zc. Even buying them at 50zc each would cost 2400 zc, give or take a little. That's a lot. I've seen shiny legendaries go for cheaper than that. Even though the Halloween sale was great, that's money I would have rather put towards saving for my DisneyWorld trip next year. Or gas, or food, or bills. Sure. Nobody forced me to do this. But the whole point of melan hunting is to hatch that melan. Which means a lot of time put into a long chain only to lose it once tournaments start again. I'm sure the new updates will help with somewhat maintaining that chain, but it still all comes down to having to choose between tournaments OR hunting. Doing both is not feasible if you don't have a lot of time to spend online. And if you're melan hunting with Arceus, you have to participate in tournaments. Tournaments make me burn out. Basically, it still feels like you can't have your cake and eat it too...
Collecting
Captain's AvatarCaptain
I'm going to have to throw in my no support as well. It is hard, and it does keep falling out of my grasp. But I agree with sunnelion. It's not all unless it's all. Losing Arceus gives me something to strive for. If the bonus was permanently applied to my account, I don't think I'd be as motivated to participate.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page