PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Investigating the benefit of server-side caching

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Investigating the benefit of server-side caching >

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Shirarisun

i'm not sure if it's just me going crazy, but i feel like i'm getting exp much faster now? everything seems to be all good, with the exception of a few "pokemon/egg not valid" errors every now and then
This would be an example of where the cache was used as a feature and not just an optional speed-up. EDIT: Also the gain of EXP being "faster" now is very possible! Without desyncs, every single point is counted. With desyncs, some points may have been clobbered if you clicked "too fast". Hope this helps! When a Pokémon is moved from the Party to a Field, it has a temporary "was in party" flag set on it, which continues to allow party interactions on it for up to 5 minutes. Without that, it will indeed throw an error if something got moved. Obviously I'll be looking into that, but I just wanted to offer an explanation first!
EDIT: I have pushed a hotfix that should resolve this issue.
EDIT: The additional cause of lag, which I mentioned over on our Discord server while it was happening, has been identified. For once, it was not my code! The server was running AWStats, which we didn't even use/need, and this would compile a report every night... at midnight. You know, when everyone is trying to play the game. This caused the CPU to spike to 100%, and led to massive lag for everyone else. AWStats has now been disabled.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page