PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in 2024 Update Phase 2: The Shelter

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > 2024 Update Phase 2: The Shelter >

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
Just gonna put down some numbers/data that I have in support of this update. While it is true that the Shelter Passes start with very low adoption budgets, it's worth noting that the B pass is extremely cheap and the A pass can be obtained within about two weeks of joining the game through participation in Fabulous Friday at the very least. So this already acts as incentive to explore features that give out free GP to get those early upgrades. EDIT: As a quick update, I've added some text to the Gold Poké page that directly links to Fabulous Friday and Contests as sources of free GP. As a result of this, I consider Shelter Pass A to be the "early-midgame" pass. In other words, the pass that I reasonably expect users to have when they've passed the very start of the game and are just getting invested in the game proper. At this point the player has hatched their first few parties, typically from the Lab since that's where the Tutorial focuses primarily, and has followed guidance to acquire their first few upgrades. The player at this point has been around long enough to be invested in the game. At this point, with a budget of 40 points, they can adopt a full party of unknown eggs if they want, with 4 points to spare - enough to adopt a random hatched Legend if they should be so lucky to find one! (Or just some other favourite, doesn't have to be a Legend XD) For users in this early-midgame stage, hatching a full party of eggs in a single day is actually an accomplishment. The numbers don't lie, the overwhelming majority of users at this progression level actually have more than enough budget with just 40 points, and the Lab remains a very useful and viable source of free new Eggs if they need more. I feel like a lot of responses here are blinkered in a way. We've become so used to being able to make tens of thousands of interactions, and hatch hundreds upon hundreds of eggs every day, it's really easy to forget that doing so puts you in the topmost of top percentage of users. I will of course be continuing to monitor the data and adjust accordingly, but right now things are looking good. They'll be even better next month, when the Daycare buffs go out. As I explained in the original 2024 plans listing, the collection of updates are being spaced out to ensure each individual update can get the attention it deserves, including post-update tweaks like the S and X passes being bumped up. This does however mean that there will be periods of time where the overall game balance isn't quite as ideal as we'd like. This is that period of time. The balance is shifting, and it will be somewhat unstable until next month's updates come in. On a side-note, I'm interested in opinions on the Fishing feature. Personally I think the minigame is a fun change from the main PFQ gameplay, so I'm interested to hear specific issues people have with it. Things like "too grindy" (eg. unlock numbers for later areas too high), "needs too much focus" (eg. paying attention to and clicking the Hook button at the right time), "too complicated", "minigame too RNG-heavy"... Specific things that can be collected and looked at, rather than just blanket "I don't like it" statements, would be very helpful.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page