PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Server performance and desyncs

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Server performance and desyncs >

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

What do you think the lock did? Even if we had a feature to lock only interactions, how would that have been any different to what was done?
Again, as I said, I believe a full lock of one's account was too extreme a measure. Locking just someone's interactions for some seconds or minutes would have been completely different from locking the person from doing anything for hours, such as hatching and adopting eggs and doing scours. I'm fine with waiting a couple of seconds or even minutes if I know it's because the servers are struggling to process all the requests. I mean, I still end up waiting when the whole site lags and I can't do anything, right? But it's another thing to get your account banned.

If you don't realise that hammering the server with requests risks increasing server load, that's also not my issue. I'm happy to educate on this, as I am here, but that is again not my responsibility.
I never said I didn't realize what the problem was. I just didn't agree with the measures taken to resolve it, that's all.

My UI is not to blame for this, it was caused by CSS codes distributed among the community that caused the game to behave in a way that was not deigned for, and that looked like a deliberate attempt to crash the server.
At the top of your first post you said the code is old and it's the main reason behind the lag at reset. Later you said it's the custom CSS people use. Like I said, I'm not a web developer so I don't know the details. I was just saying users shouldn't be punished when you can't prove they are breaking the rules. And if QoL was the actual problem, why is it something you can just enable from the settings? If it is an approved site modification, then it's not just some random CSS distributed among the users and people shouldn't be punished for using it.
Tora Blaze | ♀ | Feline Connoisseur v-water.png Type Race Score: 0 ..:: Just a grumpy Kitwurm ::..
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page