PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Server performance and desyncs

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Server performance and desyncs >

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
@Grumpy Kitwurm: Your post can be summarised as "banning people was outrageous, you should have just stopped them from making interactions temporarily instead..." What do you think the lock did? Even if we had a feature to lock only interactions, how would that have been any different to what was done? The only way it would have been different would have been different wording, but it wouldn't have been any less "punishing" of an action. We have gone over how the wording was bad. We needed urgent action for what looked like a DDoS attack on the server. My UI is not to blame for this, it was caused by CSS codes distributed among the community that caused the game to behave in a way that was not deigned for, and that looked like a deliberate attempt to crash the server. It was only after the action was taken, when I had time to further examine and analyse the data (since I actually could access the server after the lag was removed!) that I was able to identify the CSS being used and how to adjust the game to work with it. It is not my responsibility to make PFQ work with arbitrary CSS injected by users. It is a privilege you enjoy that I do not take measures to lock the UI in place. If you don't realise that hammering the server with requests risks increasing server load, that's also not my issue. I'm happy to educate on this, as I am here, but that is again not my responsibility. Some of your points are valid, but others are so off-base... Effectively what happened is that players have been "modding" the game, pushing its limits, and the game finally pushed back. I will continue to work to enable the kind of gameplay people want, but when it crashes the server every night, that cannot continue. @cursed-spaghetti: to be completely clear you weren't locked, you may have just been suffering the effects of lag.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page