PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Server performance and desyncs

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Server performance and desyncs >

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
I would also like to note the following: it seems like a number of you aren't quite grasping just how serious things have to be for them to "look like a DDoS attack". The reason I am saying this is to emphasise how bad it was. It was literally crashing the server and ruining the game for everyone - including those doing it. We could not investigate the root causes because I could barely access the server myself - that is what "denial of service" means in DDoS. "Sending a warning" to what seemed to be potential attackers trying to nuke the game would be little more than congratulations and encouragement to continue if they were indeed malicious attackers. I fully agree that the wording was excessively harsh, and I apologise for any distress caused by it. But I must ask that you try to understand just how severe this situation was. We would not have taken such drastic actions if we did not believe it to be the best course of action out of a very limited set of options that were all drastic.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page