PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Server performance and desyncs

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Server performance and desyncs >

RainyStarLeaf's AvatarRainyStarLeaf
master.pnge.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Given that we already have two different popups that warn of interaction overload that get routinely ignored, I question how well such a thing would have worked. Especially since interactions had nothing to do with it. The word "interaction" (or related terms) do not appear anywhere in the detection code that was used for the banwave. It was entirely based on the fact that normal gameplay follows specific patterns of actions, and the affected users were exhibiting patterns that were completely inconsistent with normal gameplay. This, ultimately, was caused by the injected CSS removing the need to even look at what you were doing to "play" the game, and resulted in excessive calls to certain endpoints that did not make sense. At the time, it looked like a deliberate attack, and action was taken accordingly. After investigation concluded (again, only made possible by the lag being reduced) it was rolled back and affected users compensated. Within 40 minutes, not "hours." (Mostly, depending on response times from the user and position in the ticket queue)
Then when an account seems to start acting in a way you detect give them a warning that explicitly says if they do not manage correctly they will have their account locked. WARN people. And it was hours from when the locks were first placed. Maybe 40 minutes after they made a support token, but not even that. My friend who was locked it had taken 3 hours to get resolved. And the compensation was barely anything for how scary it would be to tjink you might be banned??? For hours??? And on a interactions bonus day??? I just wish you would at least admit how much of a disruption it caused, and warn people in the future if the site continues to get overloaded :(
Please send me Miltank or Hypno so I can collect them‼️‼️
—I also collect farm animal pokemon! Cows, bulls, cats, goats, chickens, pigs, etc! Any farm animals!—
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page