PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in DLD#14 featuring JSON Statham

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion > DLD#14 featuring JSON Statham >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I would just note that - while the page on the Wiki does have a lot of info - a lot of it is out of date because it comes from the previous prototype. The current version, for instance, doesn't have any UI at all yet, so things like how the Party will look, how the Inventory and Fields will work, all of that is up in the air right now. So while there is a disclaimer on the Wiki page about how things might be changed, I'm gonna broaden that to everything being nebulous XD

QUOTE originally posted by KitsuneofDreams

- You mentioned that PFQ will stay up, but at some point PF1 closed and people were able to migrate to PFQ or just lose what they had. Is there going to be any sort of migration for those who want to go to PFNext? Would it be prior to a potential PFQ closure? And, on the off chance people go to PFNext and like it less and go back to PFQ, and we pretend everyone drops off PFNext, would we be able to migrate stuff backwards to PFQ
You can still migrate from PF1 to PFQ even now, because when PF1 closed I took a snapshot of the database to keep its data around. Only the game closed, its data remained and can still be retrieved even now. I will not, however, be allowing things to slide backwards. Not just because of compatibility reasons, but drive and motivation to work require forward momentum.

- I'm sure your first test run would be something like staff members on current PFQ, but after that would it open up to others based on hypermode, account age, general interest? If you don't know yet, that's perfectly fine, just wondering what the thought is at this moment. It could change!
It is far too early to even have thoughts about how testers would be selected.

- This might be answered somewhere and I haven't seen it, there's a lot of history and forum to dig through...but is there plans for PFNext to have a proper friends system vs PFQs VIP system? One of my irks is that if I want to keep someone "tagged" so I can quickly find and click their boxes, I have to give them "the same" treatment I'm giving my actual friends. There are symbols to prepend to various VIPs so you can somewhat organize them, but the list doesn't filter/group them accordingly so it feels almost moot to use the "tags." I'm sure there must be a reason I don't know for this, but if there's no "friend" system on PFNext, could we have better tools for our VIP lists? Even something as simple as all the diamond tagged ones, then all the star tagged ones, etc. vs a purely alphabetical list
The prototype did include a better VIP UI where you had a unified list of all of them, and then separate lists by their assigned symbols. That seemed good to me, I'll probably keep something like that. But the return of proper "friend requests" and such is also an option - it was only removed from PFQ because people complained about "spam friend requests" like it was some kind of deep insult to receive them... That kind of immature thinking will not hold back PFNext's improvements, so... maybe!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page