PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Retrieving Farm Notepad Contents through API

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Retrieving Farm Notepad Contents through API >

Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur
Again, I'm expecting this suggestion to be implemented as part of a total site overhaul. Adding an API to a server requires almost a complete rewrite of the back end which is not going to be done in any short amount of time. I'm aware that Niet works on the site code solo and I also understand that's probably a factor in why no such framework exists in the first place. But I will say I don't believe you're correct on the rest of your statements. APIs have been a part of webservers for many, many years, and systems even before 2009 include support for third-party developers to interact with and send requests to them remotely. In addition, APIs (especially when you are defining your own methods, like Pokefarm would be doing here) are highly customizable, a part of which being returning data in the specific format you want. Getting the HTML for a page is something that can be done without API (in fact, that's what my script is doing now), but with API you can get just the text of the file, if that's how the method is defined. It all depends on how Niet decides to implement it, when we get to that point. Thank you for your notes and your support on the topic though, I appreciate it.
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page