PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Retrieving Farm Notepad Contents through API

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Retrieving Farm Notepad Contents through API >

Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur
This suggestion is part of a larger topic I asked Niet about previously: if he was planning on implementing an API for Pokefarm. His response was that PFNew is expected to have one, so I somewhat expect this thread to be closed out / deferred for that reason. Regardless, I would like to have some part of it documented in the suggestions forum, and any updates or likewise on the issue would be appreciated. And if this thread is instead accepted I can create additional threads for other, more specific API additions if preferred. In short, I play as an IV breeder so I'm working on a userscript that reads Pokemon IVs and displays them on their respective icons in the field. I keep a text file that contains all of my Pokemon information, so when I get a Pokemon I want to keep, I add them to my text file inventory. The script is then able to compare new Pokemon I get and suggest whether or not I should keep them based on the inventory. I started the project with Pokefarm's existing Farm Notepad feature as my inventory file, but currently there isn't any way to update this through the userscript - all updates have to be done manually. My suggestion here then is to add API calls for retriving and writing to Pokefarm's Notepad files. Again, I know the introduction of API to a system is a timely and large scale project with many phases more suited for a site overhaul rather than a quick suggestion, I just thought a more specific end-goal suggestion would be preferred to a rather general "Add API to Pokefarm" thread.
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page