PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in How To Set Up A Trade Shop|| Tips & Tricks[Under Construction]

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides > How To Set Up A Trade Shop|| Tips & Tricks[Under Construction] >

Chapter Three: Layout So, now you have an idea of what to sell and how to price, you need to physcialy code your shop! Which honestly isn't too hard. Just, a lot of work. No, I'm not telling you to code an entire template. Believe me, been there, done that. Still doing it, in fact. F2U templates are a great option, but we'll cover that later. Anyway, first, your shop must have some set of rules. They must match PFQ's rules(and you aren't allowed to override them anyway). Please set rules. It will help maintain the chaos that is Pokefarm. Don't get me wrong. I love Pokefarm. I just think its a bit chaotic. Second, you will need to actually find some code that will display your stock! You know those fancy grid-column-table things that you can use to display the hundreds of megastones/summon items/whatever else you have? They're all in this guide here. The person(HowlingCat) that wrote this has multiple versions of each type of template, so it really is a great template to use! Next, map out the basics of what you want to sell. Make a list. Tabs are always a good idea. Make the basics of your shop first before looking for a template. If you already have one in mind, go ahead! If you don't...do not look for one just yet. A very basic shop layout could be this: Tab 1 shows Rules Tab 2 shows Pokemon for sale Tab 3 shows items for sale Tab 4 shows services Tab 5 shows Miscellanious See? A simple layout like that will work. Tabs and hideboxes are ALWAYS a good idea. You can also use underline, bold, italics, and bullet lists, as well as numbered items to improve the quality of your shop. You can check the PFQ Wiki for such codes or you check out this useful guide here. However, you should really worry about the content more than anything. Copy-paste exists for a reason. Once you have done the 'soul' of the shop, you can start making the 'body': taking creative liberties. Although this post is short and not very complicated, the actual coding takes a very long time. If you really want this to be long term, you should pour lots of work into this. Building a shop should take a very long time. My shop took almost four months to be finalized and three months to be presentable. Even now I am not very satsified and am planning on expanding and recoding. You should be spending a very long time on this step.

f2u template by yosei-san
Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
x 500 x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page