PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in How To Set Up A Trade Shop|| Tips & Tricks[Under Construction]

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides > How To Set Up A Trade Shop|| Tips & Tricks[Under Construction] >

To Sell, or Not to Sell, That is the Question...

• Determining What to Sell
  • Gems
  • Boxes
  • Summons
  • Megastones
  • Account Upgrades
  • S/A/M/D Pokemon
If you haven't been around for a long time(a.k.a. beginners), you probably don't know the state of PFQ's economy. It's pretty unstable, as far as I see. The thing is, even people who've been on PFQ for quite some time, are still confused about how things are priced. But what is clear is what sells and what doesn't. I'll start with the obvious - S/A/M/D Pokemon. These are always in high demand. But boxes, gems, and summon items also sell for a fair amount. In this section, I'll go over various items, what the sell for and why you should have them in your shop, and how to get them. Also, ICEBÜNN here has written a pricing guide, found here. Very useful, please use.
Gems are extremely profitable, they can be obtained easily, yet so many people still buy gems due to badge upgrades. Which means, if you've got a decent amount of gems, you've already got sometime going. How to get gems: Just hatch Pokemon! Gems will correspond to a Pokemon's type. This is a guide for the Wishforge and it has a section on Gems. It should give you a pointer on what kind of Pokemon you should hatch to get a specific type of gem. Lots of useful tips, this guide. Tips: Hatch a variety of Pokemon to get a variety of gems. But don't save up a lot of gems and not use them to upgrade the Wishforge. Basically, this process should be casual; you shouldn't be saving them up especially for the shop, because chances are, different people buy different gems, and when these types of people will see your shop. Only sell gems casually. Pricing: Gems prices are everywhere. I think the most popular pricing is 1,000 per small gem, dragon/steel gems doubled(2,000), 10,000 per medium gem, dragon/steel gems doubled(20,000), and 100,000 per large gem, dragon steel doubled(200,000)
BOXES! These are a big one, mostly because they are EXTREMELY profitable. Not hard to get and in VERY high demand. You can ALWAYS count on boxes. Other than selling them, you can also use them to get other sellable items: summons, uber-rare items, megastones. You can also make boxboxes with them - only twenty-one boxes are need to make one boxbox. How To Get Them: This is the best part! Scour Missions are most efficient way. Continously send out Pokemon for Scour Missions. I would reccommend switching out the Pokemon when they hit 60% or below efficency-wise. Try maxing out the upgrades and Scour Slots before attempting this though, it will make your progress much faster~ You can also watch the Market like a hawk and buy boxes whenever there's a sweet deal, but Scour Missions in general are the fastest and most efficent ^^ Pricing: Boxes are...pretty straightforward actually. I sell them for about 20 ZC each, and 100/110 ZC for each boxbox. If you're picky and want all of the profit you can sell the boxboxes for 110 ZC each and boxes for 22 ZC each since 22 x 5 = 110, but maybe keep at 20? After all, they are buying a huge bundle of boxes~
Summons seem to be quite popular among the trades too. Summons are those things you use to summon legendary Pokemon and people who are currently collecting or dexing said summons(*cough cough, your truly cough*), will need them. Although putting a notice in your forum signature or making trade threads are more popular with the summons, having summons in shops isn't such a bad idea either. How to Get Them: The fastest, cheapest, and most efficent way would probably be boxes(to get boxes, go back to the "boxes" section of the guide). Open those boxes! You may get extra summons that you don't need. You can sell them. You could also try getting them from the Market...or stalk the Trade Forums, but your best bet is probably boxes. Tips: Try dexing more before attempting to sell summons. The more you dex, the more variety of summons you may be able to get. Also, try to dex summons you don't have instead of selling them. Only sell excess summons. There is a massive list of reasons why you should do this but the main one is: dexing. Arceus is a big one. To get Arceus, you need all the eggs - which means summons, since the only way to get Legendary Eggs are summons. Even if you aren't trying obtain Arceus, dexing every legendaries lead to unlocking more summons, which in turns means more summon variety...which means more buyers! Pricing: Summons pricings are probably the more unstable of the bunch. I think the most common pricing is Market Price or Collector's Price. Market Price is just whatever's in the Market. I don't know very much about Collector's Price - if someone could pop in here and give a bit of explanationt that would be appreciated.
This one isn't a huge one, but still a decent part of the market. Mostly bought in the Trade Forums and the Market, people usually only don't visit a Trade Shop specifically for Megastones, because, let's face it, Trade Forums are much faster and the Market is even faster if you aren't in need of credits. Usually, people only visit a Trade Shop because they need an asernal of things, and just happen to browsing though your stock(which is what I do), so having lots of options is always a good idea. How To Get Them: This is an easy one. Boxes! You should probably learn by now that boxes are extremely important any kind of stock. The more boxes you get the better. Which is why Scour Missions are crucial. But be careful! To get Megastones through boxes, you need a Key Stone. I won't cover how to get one, since you'll probably figure it out yourself and the wiki has all the information, but anyways, Key Stone is necessary to get megastones through boxes(and make the usable!) so you want to get that first. Pricing: This one is also one of the more unstable stock out there. I'd say Market Price. I'm not very knowlegable on this part, so you should could also check out ICEBÜNN's guide on the first tab. I usually go by Market Price since it makes everything easier.
Account Upgrades aren't usually a huge one. Most people buy from the Market and/or Trade Forums. But it doesn't hurt to have a section dedicated to these. The thing with these though, are you don't sell them unless you actually don't need them. See, there are things you sell because they'd be worth higher profit and somebody else's hands, plus you can easily get another one later, and there are things you sell only because they're absolutely useless to you. This is one of those things. See, account upgrades are...upgrades. As you upgrade them, they'll be old ones. You sell these old ones. See, let's use the Shelter Passes an example... When you are a beginner, you get a Shelter Pass C. Eventually, you buy Shelter Pass B, A, S, and so on. While the C Pass isn't sellable, B and A are, and you can sell them...although really, my experience is the Market is way faster and you'll get buyers within a day. Doesn't hurt though. You get account upgrades mostly by buying them or earning them throughout the game. So yeah. How To Get Them: Like I said. Buy them. Or you'll get them as the game goes on, dexing, etc. Pricing: Varies. I'd say whatever's lowest on the Market or check pricing guides.
FINALLY! This is a very important section and vital to your shop, so this a must-need! However, this is also the hardest part, and will require a bit of work, so be prepared. S/A/M/D Pokemon are Pokemon with stars or a delta symbol next to their names/gender. This is a shiny Pokemon: This is an albino Pokemon: And this is an melan Pokemon: (Not mine. Haven't managed to hatch one yet-) As for deltas... Anyway, these are going to vital to your shop! How? Well, there's a S/A/M/D version for every Pokemon - that means there are people who want a lot of different kinds of shinies. And let's face it - shiny hunting costs either time or money. You can try speed-running it through with some luck and no upgrades(which is what I've done, it worked two times and both were in typeraces), but my average is around 500 eggs per hunt, with only the Pokeradar for the first shiny. Anything after that is an unknown variable, mostly because I stop tracking. I'm an no-money player, or I don't spend money on this game. I was able to get a Pokeradar because I saved and an Albino Radar as a gift. Seriously, people on here are nice. But that doesn't you mean you should wait around for someone to give you stuff. Anyway, as I was saying, it took me about 500 eggs for both my Eevee and Vulpix hunt, and I got a (slightly) random shiny during a type race, and another shiny with a 100+ chain during another, plus a few albinos scattered there and here. That's only for shinies. For albinos, I don't really know. The base percentage is based on what you charge your Pokeradar on. I charged it on lvl four for a few months and got nothing, but that was because I was hunting Eevee, I never clicked and it was level one, and I ALWAYS charged my radar after hatching the eggs. So basically I wasted 300,000+ IP points for nothing! Yeah, I'm still salty about that. Anyways, after a week or two of actually hatching after I charged my radar, I got an albino! So, I suppose it still is up to luck. As for melans, I suggest you don't attempt getting one right away, because they are costly to buy and even harder to hatch. They are a shiny and an albino on the same Pokemon! Some imagine combining the work from above and multiplying by ten. You get a melan! Yeah, don't try if you're new. You can get a shiny if you're extra-lucky. But defintely probably not an albino because the Albino Radar is a massive problem with this. Anyway, after saying all that, do people want to buy s/a/m Pokemon their too lazy to hatch themselves? Yes, yes they do.

Deltas

How To Get Them: Um...you need a Holon Capacitor, which...costs GP or Credits, I can't remember which. A lot of them. So, I don't reccommend trying. The one method I do reccommend: Shelter Hunting! Just spam the white flute and have QoL on, it'll give you a highlight of any S/A/M Pokemon, as well as other Pokemon of your choice. I'll explain later how to activate QoL. I got my first delta by Shelter Hunting! You can also check free-fields, people who are delta-hunting may mass-release lots of them.

Shiny

Albino

Melans

Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
x 500 x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page