PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in How To Set Up A Trade Shop|| Tips & Tricks[Under Construction]

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides > How To Set Up A Trade Shop|| Tips & Tricks[Under Construction] >

Introduction

• So...
  • Before Diving In...
  • You Should Probably Know...
Hi, whoever's reading this ^^ I'm Star. First of all, this tab is just going to be me rambling on and on about my experiences/maybe some minor tips so if you want to just skip to the content that -----> tab over there named "Before Diving In..." is probably what you want to skip to. If not, let's begin! You probably clicked on this guide because you're thinking about setting up a trade shop. Then you realized, "Ooops, I don't know how to do that." Upon that realization, you decided you needed wisdom. Therefore, you came to the guides forum and checked this out. If that's not your case, perhaps you own a trade shop. Or maybe you were just bored and this looked interesting. The thing is, when you're still a rather new player, you learn the ropes right? Then you realize, "I'm gonna start dexing!". After a bunch of stuff happens, most of us go, "Hey, I want a Pokeradar." I had no idea what the heck a Pokeradar was. I didn't know what S/A/M was. But I knew I had to get one. Then I realized my credit stores were rather...low. Ooops. So I took a quick visit to the forums and realized that I should start a shop. And the easiest one is a Trade Shop! And so I decided to make a trade shop. Well, first of all, I didn't know about the existence of templates, so I was really confused why everybody's post looked so fancy and how to make it look that fancy. I later learned about CSS and BBCode and all that solid stuff but that's for another time. Anyway, I spent TWO MONTHS writing just the raw BBCode. Then I had to start over. This time, I was armed with the knowledge of F2u templates...but that's for much later. The point is, a trade shop can take a bit of time to code, with anywhere between two weeks and five months. Or maybe six. If you want a quick and easy trade, the Trade Forum might be a better idea. If you want something long-lasting and more permanent, a Trade Shop is a good idea. So before diving into this guide, you first ask yourself one question: Why am I doing this? This is a fairly good question, even though it is quite simple. It will help you determine whether you should use the trade forum or the trade shop forum. If... -You need little money in a short time -You don't need a continous source -You just have something you want off your hands Then the Trade Forum might be a better option. Or, if you don't think people will actually buy whatever you have, use the Market. It's a quick and surefire way to get money, fast. But... -If you need lots of money for a goal that isn't going anywhere - the Pokeradar for example -You need a continous income -You don't have any good stock right now but maybe in the future... Then a Trade Shop is a good idea. We'll dive deeper into the Market and Trade Forums later. I won't be explaining what the two can do on their own, rather what they can do to help your trade shop, so if you are looking for focused and detailed information on either of those, this isn't the guide for you. Now, with those in mind, we can continue!
Before we continue, I would like to explain some rules and tips. Please do read these! 1. While this thread is for things regarding trade shops, please do not just pop in with a "How's this?". You will be ignored. If you ask, "What could I improve on?" I will answer you ^^ That being said, if you ask me "Why am I not getting customers," that's basically asking for "constructive" criticsm, so please don't react rudely or aggressively. I will try my best to be polite in return ^w^ (in fact please tell me if I'm being rude) 2. These are based off of my experiences. Anything otherwise is will be noted by me. A lot of other guides could be helpful, so I will be linking :D And now, for the tips... 1. Make your trade shop on a chromebook. Or anything easy to type on in general. It will save your fingers. A lot. You do not want to do this on your phone. Believe me, writing code(or even just long spiels of text) will make your fingers DIE. 2. Keep a BBCode Guide by you. We'll go into the coding part of this later, but please do that. Any and all that applies to Pokefarm worked. I didn't know the inventory self-updating code and manually updated EVERYTHING. It. Is. A. Pain. Please keep a bbcode guide. 3. Look at other people's trade shops. This is extremely important. Other than the fact you can grasp the pricing and what's in demand, you can get ideas for layouts and perhaps pick up an f2u template while you're at it. I also pick up the occasional s/a/d 'mon in shops - only to be resold in my shop. You never know when you could pick up a deal! 4. If you have completely zero idea what I'm talking about, its probably a good idea to familiarize yourself with the forums. See that tempting link that says, "Forums"? Yep. Click that and if you can afford it, please scroll around and familiarize yourself. Cele wrote a guide here for newbies. I highly reccomend you read it - it has VERY important information about PFQ in general. Reading it will help you a lot. Another good idea is to check the PFQ Wiki - that's the "Help" link at the top left corner of your screen, below your username and by "Clickback". For those of you who still can't find it, I have a link here. It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the wiki too - it helps with BBCode a lot. Speaking of which, I should have a post talking about BBCode...
Alright, before offically diving in, here's a Table of Contents!
Introduction ...... 1 BBCode: The Thing Nobody Told Me and You Should Probably Know About ..... 2
Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
x 500 x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page