PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Opinions on TR team threads

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Opinions on TR team threads >

CobaltSeas's AvatarCobaltSeas
I rarely reply to these types of posts but I thought I'd share my two cents anyways since I've hosted a TR thread 6 or 7 times (can't quite remember), one time with the old system and the rest with the new voting system. Personally I've never had to use the new voting system but I do like it just inc there's someone who really likes the type of the team they're on that month but someone else already made a new thread. For hosting, I've never had to compete with anyone else and take it to a vote, since I only really post within the last day, when no one else has posted. Moving on, I think implimenting some sort of reward system (like the forum title) would be a good idea, so as long as the reward is not too big. In all the previous times I've hosted it's because I wanted to get more involved with the PFQ community and I've come to enjoy hosting for the most part. However there have been times where I felt obligated to host because no one else posted for the team that I was on for that month and a small reward
so as long as it isn't too big so that people's main motivations for hosting are the reward
for the host of the TR might be a good idea to motivate more people to host, similar to what FloydLeech has said (again these are my own experiences with hosting and I'm sure other past TR hosts may have had differing experiences when hosting). Having some sort of reward, like the forum title (provided the leader did a good job) would hopefully be a good idea since it gives some reward to the leader for helping to organize clicklists, adding members to the table, and other TR host responsibilities, but in my opinion, still makes the main motive for hosting a TR thread being a part of the PFQ community and hosting the thread because you can and you want to rather than just a plain reward, no matter if they did a "good" or "bad" job leading their team (I'm not exactly sure how the difference between a "good" job or a "bad" job for the TR would be determined, but something that determines that could also further distinguish those who want to host because they want to be involved with the community and such and those who host because they want a reward). I also feel like having a title better acknowledges the TR host's efforts for leading a team than a monetary reward like the fragment, and might serve as a better motivation for those who want to host to be more involved with the community. I might be a little biased towards a small reward since I've hosted several times but I do like the idea of a small reward like a title I know that was a lot and I hope it made sense for the most part, but anyways TL;DR: I like the voting system that's there right now and a small reward might be good, provided that the reward isn't big enough so that the main motive for hosting would be the reward as opposed to doing it because you want to, reward or no reward
  • Main
  • Goals and TR
  • Dreepys
Cobalt, Sea or Doc (she/her) // Avatar by me (DON’T USE)!
CS Smeargle won from getting 1st place in PFQ's very first meme contest. No I won't shut up about it sorry not sorry :/ MA LOOK I WON A MEME CONTEST
Currently Collecting
18/18 Types of Delta Dreepy (DONE!!!)
MISSING: None. Check my fields
Da Siblings
to see the collection
TR Points: 0
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page