PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
See, this is much better. An actual discussion. I don't have much to offer right now but one thing I will answer is this: > why are we focusing on changing old, perfectly functional things? Why settle for "functional"? "Settling for functional" is what killed PF1. "Settling for functional" is the reason I absolutely hate working on PFQ's code now. This is exactly the kind of thing I mean when I say our standards have improved and our work will be updated to reflect that. > You're essentially recreating an algorithm that even a simple program could execute. While the algorithm used to determine the overall colour could indeed be done by a program, the sprite itself cannot be. There's a lot more that goes into it than just shifting the hue. I'm sure an artist could explain a little more than me but it's a lengthy process with lots of artistry to get it just right. Also, we usually end up with about four different options to choose from that all fit "the algorithm" and the artists then work together to try and pick the best one.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page