PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Upcoming changes to S/A/M/D

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Upcoming changes to S/A/M/D >

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
ShadowNova is correct, thanks for answering that while I was typing :D

QUOTE originally posted by comet007

I don’t understand why Übercharm became more useless. 8x to 6x, that’s basically a Waste of in game currency. I’ve had mine for days and I haven’t gotten anything. Never buying that again.
You hatched 150 Eggs on the 27th, and haven't used your Albino Radar since then so none of the 140 or so Eggs you've hatched since then had any chance of Albino or Melan. You did not use a Z-Crystal. I can't tell what your PokéRadar situation was, but I'll assume it was at least a 40+ chain to give the benefit of the doubt. I can however see that you have never used a Shiny Charm, so I'll rule out that bonus. Also, the 27th was not a Sei Day. With these factors, I can estimate that your chance of hatching a Shiny was about 1/200 - so even before we've factored in the Albino side it's pretty clear why you shouldn't expect to have gotten anything with "only" 150 Eggs. Add in your Albino Radar which, prior to this update, was giving about a 1/240 chance of Albino. Again, no surprise you didn't hatch one given these odds. Finally the Melan chance is based on the product of these two chances, buffed by the Übercharm. You are Elite rank so you have no Long-Chain Bonus beyond the basic one, however given that you don't appear to be chaining anything right now I cannot say what that boost would have been... but probably zero. This would put your Melan chances at 1 in 6,000. So yeah... with those odds, the probability of hatching zero specials in 150 Eggs is... - No shiny: 47% - No albino: 53% - No melan: 97.5% Given these odds, your more realistic expectation would be one Shiny or Albino every two days on average, but that is of course just an average and subject to the whims of randomness. Of course, if you give up as you appear to have done (and let the remaining 27 days of your 28-day Übercharm go to waste) then you definitely won't get any specials. I don't mean to shut down opinions or anything like that. Opinions are important. However, using the raw numbers as presented here, I do believe that your expectations are unrealistic. I wish you the best of luck in future hunts, should you wish to continue trying.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page