PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Type Race Announcements

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Type Race Announcements >

LycanKai's AvatarLycanKai
master.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Fair enough. "Never try, never fail." It is entirely your choice to live by those words.
God forbid people don't want to feel awful for losing your popularity contests. In my opinion, the last thing kids need -- you know, kids who play on this website -- is to be essentially told they lost a competition because people didn't like them enough.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm putting too much trust in the community. But we'll never know that unless we actually try things. I choose to trust the community; you disagree.
Enough with the character assassination. This has nothing to do with trust, and everything to do with basic human psychology. No one is going to vet candidates like it's the US presidential election. They're going to look at who's hosting, and vote for the person they're more familiar with. I'm not sure why you think people are going to somehow access deleted TR threads to make their decision on who the best host is. That isn't even remotely realistic

Utterly destroying the morale of an entire team just because someone happened to post five seconds before a more suitable leader carries a lot of weight. Just like a few bad apples spoiling the bunch, all it takes is one really bad incident to warrant change.
So why weren't mods intervening on bad TR hosts? And if they were, then what's the issue?

My point is, after literal years of examining data and people, I have decided that this is worth trying.
If you have truly spent "years" "examining people" then you would know the most basic psychology when it comes to voting for people.

If it doesn't work, then you'll have successfully beaten the motivation from me once again.
"Oh, grow up."
♥ In Need of Braves -- List in Journal ♥
Score: 0
Button and score badge made by me. Art/Code can be found in my journal!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page