PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sinnoh sprite revamp

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Sinnoh sprite revamp >

Neonyan's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNeonyan
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
So I completely forgot / had no idea that this thread was still active. Just read through it and I... well... pretty confused! Many people dislike the new changes. No one (who's comments are still up) seems outright hostile about them. Some people have a ruder tone because they feel they've been igonored. Okay. Then we get this Niet post seemingly bonking polite users for their "vile toxicity". I outloud laughed when seeing this, because I was so confused at what he was refering too? Cele's post a few posts later explained that there were deleted posts, edited posts, posts in other threads, PMs, an so on. But that just... confused me more -- why did Niet respond to this thread when we are completely unaware of those people, and all evidence of it is out of our sight? It just looks, bad? Makes users who are being as patient and polite about feeling as if they're ignored just feel like they got randomly bonked. Weird choice. Thise Niet post too was just... very confusing? The few users' posts before this didn't seem inflamatory. Just disagreeing. Very simmilar tones to the rest of the 10 pages. And then Niet makes (another) very upset, bonk-like post towards these users. Huh? He even admits that he doesn't answer us because our posts just "arent worth his time" or "arent worth answering"

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I can only speak for myself but I didn't bother replying because there was nothing worth replying to. [snip]
Like, damn, really makes me feel like I want to contribute to the community discussion when the admin admits he doesn't value me or my peer's comments. All the times I've been ignored not answered on other threads suddenly feels much more sour. I do also appreciate Garthic letting us know that this is just Niet being mean and not them all condoning it. Weird, but, genuinely did appreciate it. Anyways, I just wanted to pop in and mention how weird this thread was, mention that I disagree with how it was handled, as usual, and say yet again that I think a PR person or team would be so incredibly sexy for this game <3
Now on terms of the actual topic! I really do love all the updated sprite work! There were a lot of inconsistencies in terms of shading, pokemon anatomy, etc, and pfq's art team did a fantastic job streamlining it and making it all look consistent and professional. I'll never stop being amazed at that. Recolor wise; The albinos look wonderful! Of course they aren't all to my tastes, but that's to be expected. I love the diversity of light color palettes, and the willingness to move away from white/cream + red. It really makes them pop! The melans are the place of disagreement, as always. I'll admit that most of them aren't to my tastes. The specific deep green color used on a lot of melans (talking sinnoh specifically) is one of my least favorite colors, so I was disappointed to see how frequently it was utilized. (EDIT: after chatting in the pfq discord with other users + Shazi, it turns out that a lot of that "deep green" is actually blue on the color wheel! It just appears green to me. how odd!) I could go into detail about each line I dislike and why, but I honestly wonder if it's even worth it ; so much of it is my personal, subjective opinion, and I'm not sure if . literally anyone agrees. It would feel silly to post so much writing when its ONLY ME. Not sure! I might do it anyways later if i have the energy. I think the one think i will say, is that it feels like a good handful of the new sinnoh melans have a dark color scheme (purple/red/green/blue/etc) and then another random color thrown on top; but with it's saturation it ends up not looking great together. That comes from the pokemon it'self having a different contrasting color in that spot I believe, so I don't know what the best way to adjust that would be tbh. I'll admit i was a huge fan of "black/grey + one neon color" melans ahaha end note; keep up the great work artists! please remember that, for me at least, my critiques on colors have much to do with the decisions of colors and not the quality of the sprites. the sprites and the talent put into them is incredible as always. the decision making for what colors go where is what i question :P

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page