PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

@mikestarprince

"i am... so, so sad that the original albino/melan chimchar line have been replaced with the updated versions, as i really dislike how they turned out. the blue looks extremely generic for fire type albinos/melans" God, the chimchar line was a mess from start to finish. Not to go into too much details but as you can see with how many changes we made to the base sprites... yeah. I'll add this to the list of mon we might revisit since they aren't super liked~
hey!! thanks for the reply! here's some suggestions maybe? i think the updated chimchar line melans might be more well-recieved if they were changed to purple like the original melans. maybe a kind of violet-blue if you're worried about it looking like a darker version of the shiny? (since making magenta darker can look like purple.) the biggest issue for me is honestly the purple hands/feet/ear insides on the shiny being replaced with a kind of out of place looking yellow-green on the melan. the albino on the other hand doesn't look too bad, but the albino sprites are kind of muddy and features are pretty hard to distinguish, especially if you're like me and are using a dark site skin. i honestly could take or leave the albinos but i'm really, really elated you guys are considering changing the chimchar line's melans. i'm sorry if this comes off as rude, i'm just... really passionate about inferape and its pre-evos LOL

this has nothing to do with a/m colors and is really insignificant but it's still relevant to The Monkey

would you guys consider changing the irises on infernape's sprite to the color of the hands/feet/ear insides? it was visible on the gen 4 sprites, but it's absent in the gen 5 sprites that you guys use. it's really insignificant (literally it's one friggin pixel) and idk if people will really notice if you change it, but like, it's a canonical detail on the pokemon, you can see it on the 3d models too (even on pokemon home) as well as official art, and you guys do tend to add other tiny details like that onto the pfq versions of the sprites, so i was just curious. i do understand that this is pretty insignificant tho lol pt/hgss sprites, bw sprites, respectively, to show what i mean.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page