PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

Shazi's AvatarShazi
Hi everyone! I do apologise for the LONG post to come but there's a lot of stuff to talk about. We're bad at communicating so in an effort to be a bit more open, I'll be tackling a bunch of things people have said, among other things that are happening as well. I'll pop things in hide boxes so people can read the parts relevent to their interests as well. First thing first, a quick update on Galar since I know you're all waiting for the new legendaries. We're almost finished, I'm sorry for how long this has taken, IRL things for certain staff members has slowed the process down but we should be just about done with those. I fully understand the disappiontment some people are feeling with some of the sprite changes, I too am not fond of many of them. The drifloon line is one of my personal dislikes. I don't like the colours on the pokemon itself, and that is wholeheartedly a personal preferece. There are others like that but oh well. Sudden and big changes are hard, I totally get why people have a "oh god what is this" reaction to seeing somethng suddenly be totally different. As an artist who worked on these (for 3 years I am so sorry it took so long) I had plenty of time to get used to the new colours, to the point where I genuinely don't remember what some of the old sprites look like. This is not the case for a majority of people and it's really jarring for you guys to have things go pop and be suddenly different. to address a few comments individually (sorry if I didn't get yours I am only one blep) A few comments were about the Pachirisus and I'm not going to be directing these since it was a similar comment from pretty much everyone mentioning it. I will miss the seperated colours as well, they were fun! Unfortunately that doesn't all in line with the vision we have for this game.

@Abingy

"I don't really understand why all three of them have completely different color schemes (blue, purple and green), I would've much preferred them to be at least all similar schemes (and if it was my choice they'd all be the same as happiny)." A valid and understandable critisim! I too would love if the melans were all the same theme of colours. Due to how we make them, this won't be the case since if you look at the shinies of the Chansey line yeah... that's a thing. to clarify, the shiny chansey line go magenta > yellow orange and green > pink which translated to the melan line being blue > magenta and red > teal. Looking at it some more we could probably pull the blissey back into the blue to make it fit with happiny better but I hope that helps explain why they do the way they do

@veggienuggets

" i don't hate this new one and i'll admit i love the dark purple-ish coloring now." I'm Glad you like it! It's actually red but I am very glad you like it, I tried really had to keep the spooky halloween vibe people liked with our old melan but keeping it consistent to how we make melans nowadays.

@LadyElemental

"I also see some problems over the Budew line, but I think Roserade looks absolutely gorgeous with that cool blue hue, though maybe the flower colors could change, I don't really dislike them either." I too am a big fan of the blue used for the budew line, but am also not keen on the flower colours. I don't hate them, but I think we could have had nicer ones. Maybe we can revisit this one and see what we can do "I really like how pastel albino Cresselia is, though I'm not really sold on the melan? I dunno, the green just doesn't look great in my opinion. Any opinion of mine would just include red tbh, which might not work either. The old one had bright yellow and grey which is fitting for the moon, but I didn't love that either. Just very bright for a melan I think." I'm not big on the cresselia either personally. I agree, it's probably too light for a melan, I'll bring this to the artists and see what we can do as well~

@Billabong

" I don't talk a lot on here but I kind of had a bad day and seeing my poor Grotle made it a tad worse, hah. ;;" I'm sorry your Grotle got drastically changed to something you aren't fond of. We on the art team kinda fell in love with the purple blue colours scheme but I can see how it's not for everyone.

@Dino Master @glacegoss RE Cresselia

We strugglied with cresselia and admittedly, it's not our best sprite. As to why we changed the colours, since we struggled with cresselia we went to find something to help us. To that end we found updated shiny colours from pokemon home which did away with the yellow. This made things only marginally easier. As I said previously regarding cresselia, I think we can take another look at that one to see if we can find something better.

@mikestarprince

"i am... so, so sad that the original albino/melan chimchar line have been replaced with the updated versions, as i really dislike how they turned out. the blue looks extremely generic for fire type albinos/melans" God, the chimchar line was a mess from start to finish. Not to go into too much details but as you can see with how many changes we made to the base sprites... yeah. I'll add this to the list of mon we might revisit since they aren't super liked~

@mossdragon

"Melan Gible line must have been a nightmare to recolor given that each Shiny evolution and Mega have their own colors, I just personally think the whole line can go just a few shades darker than they are, especially Gabite and Mega Garchomp, but other than that I don't mind the choices, I really like Garchomp!" it was and I agree it could go a little darker, i'll pop that onto the list for us to look at. I'm not super big on the brown melan mega myself but we really liked the pink and purple OTL

@TrainerDTChara

"Honestly, personally, the rotom line is a bit. Eyestrainy/headache causing for us, and with rotom being our personal favorite that we have melans that we look at of quite a bit, that's bad. Chronic migraines + this color combo is a... bad choice, honestly. so we're definitely not a fan of the new rotom melan colors." I personally find the shiny colours a big eye strain as well, since we base the melans on the shinies (RIP the colourful auras for the formes) this eyestrain is reflected in the melans. I think there are some changes we could make to make them a little less.. ouch? i'll pop them on the list as well
Now to add, we are looking at things, that doesn't nessicarily mean changes
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page