PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Rework Tournaments for accessibility & practical purposes

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rework Tournaments for accessibility & practical purposes >

Protag's AvatarProtag
I don't support this at all. Why? Its because of my current responsibilities and commitments. From morning to night for 24/7, I take care of my 5 (going 6) months old with barely any rest. And when I really do rest? Its at night, and its during the time when PFQ community is the most active. Yes, I have only joined this site for a total of 2 months, but I am observant. Honestly, most of my time spent on PFQ is just browsing the forums and reading everyone's suggestions or discussions or the like. And yes, my first tourney was an egg hatching tourney and on my first day, I went to bed with me somewhere on the leaderboard but when I woke up, I've been kicked out. As much as I don't deny that tourneys that use scours, fishing and berry farming are the most RNG based, removing them is also removing the fairness for people like me where we believe that we have a chance to compete for the new fakemon egg unlike every other tourney where we simply don't have that kind of chance unless we sacrifice our commitments for it.

QUOTE originally posted by Sakuya

RNG Tournaments aren't fun at all. They're annoying, unpredictable, and boring.
As someone who was spent alot of her time playing gacha games etc, I have to agree. But that is the purpose of RNG. RNG is meant to see if you're lucky or not. RNG is there to either lend you a helping hand and give you the ultra rare character that you need in order to complete your deck or they're there to kick you to the curb, telling you to survive by your own. All in all, RNG was never meant to be fun. RNG mainly exists to test your patience and understanding of the game system.

QUOTE originally posted by Sakuya

You've got to look at it like this: imagine if the Tournament objective was to hatch as many Shinies as you can. Would you see that as a good objective? I definitely wouldn't, because even with full boosts, getting Shinies is based on chance. There's absolutely no guarantee you'll get Shinies at all, and your effort may not be rewarded.
I agree that shiny hatching is based on chance, but it can also be based on your activeness and effort as well. Active in collecting eggs and the effort put into clicking and making your eggs hatch fast. Putting this as something that's RNG based may be correct, but its also wrong. It is simply two different objectives, albeit similar in chances and luck.

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

... you don't have to and aren't obligated to ruin your sleep to get in the top 100.
This is absolutely correct. No game developer will force its players in any shape or form to sacrifice your rest and sleep in order to maintain your position on the leaderboard.

QUOTE originally posted by MysticMusician

... I think RNG tournaments give players who are slightly less active or newer or with less money, at least somewhat of a chance to do well in tournaments. For me tournaments without RNG such as egg hatching ones are much harder, because some people are extremely active and hatch tons and tons of eggs, and also have the currency to keep buying DC passes in order to hatch even more evne after hitting shelter limit. The scour one gives somewhat more of an equal opportunity to everyone as long as you keep collecting your scours.
This is exactly why I'm disagreeing. It's because some players simply don't have that kind of time and commitment to some egg image codded into the website and some pixelated creatures. If what you're thinking is the majority of the player base, then please think about the bigger picture first before talking about it. I know that you're suggesting this for the betterment of alot of players, but there's more to us than meets the eye. All in all, I feel like everyone that posted onto this has forgotten about the 'fun' that PFQ gives you, and is now more like "I gotta get to this before anyone else does".
Abbie ◇ she/her ◇ Married ================== Hoards:
spicy mons
/
Jade Orbs
//////
================= JournalClanShop
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page