PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Rework Tournaments for accessibility & practical purposes

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rework Tournaments for accessibility & practical purposes >

furina's Avatarfurina
This thread aims to come up with ideas to make the entirety of Tournaments more accessible to players (regardless of experience and resources used), while also rewarding those who take Tournaments seriously and put in a lot of effort — all in a healthy and motivational way. The concept of Tournaments is getting severely outdated. Most of the objectives aren't very practical to users for several reasons: some users have to sacrifice sleeping hours (especially due to timezone differences), some have no resources to place in the Top 100 for an Egg they need, and some are just unlucky because RNG-based Tournaments are simply — and excuse my language here — crappy. While Tournaments definitely encourage competition in this game, they're very impractical in their current state. This goes for both newer and veteran players. Newer players have little chance to reach Medium/Hard Goals (although that somewhat makes sense), let alone place in the Top 100. Veteran players, who have more experience, have a bigger chance to place, but in some objectives it's at the cost of resources or their own physical and mental health. It's become for some, if not many, people unbearable to keep up with Tournaments for these reasons. I constantly see people struggle to keep their Arceus rank just because of one EggDex entry they couldn't obtain by entering the Top 100, and thus have to spend tons of money to buy new Tournament Tokens from others (averaging at 400k Credits for each Token in the first two weeks of the season). This is why I suggest a major rework of how Tournaments work, take place, and reward people. We can discuss ideas on how to make breathe new life in Tournaments, make them accessible and more fair for everyone, and give people the option not to participate without being punished greatly in terms of Ranks.
Trust me — as a Melan hunter, you wouldn't want your Melan boost to be taken away all because of one Egg.
Here are some points I've thought of. Note that I'm not demanding all of these points to happen. Some can be combined to create a solution, some can't. I don't even agree with some of the proposals here. These are just points to let us brainstorm.

Proposals

• No new Eggs as Top Prizes — distribute new Eggs in different ways;
  • Widen the range of the Leaderboard;
  • Decrease the Token cost of new Eggs (currently at 12 for the newest Season);
  • Make new Eggs breedable immediately, rather than wait for two Seasons (albeit at a very low rate);
    This point is suggested under the condition that the Exclusive has been designed to be breedable, unlike Legendary Exclusives.
  • Change how RNG-based Tournaments work to make them less punishing (for example, adding a pity meter)
If you have any suggestions yourself, feel free to post them! I can make a whole list out of this. Also read Colorful's post on why Tournaments are currently bad for your health. You can read my original suggestion below. My stance has somewhat changed from what it was, but you may need to read it to understand the full context of what we've been discussing!

Original post; hidden due to updated arguments.

I got kicked off the Leaderboard for sleeping. For sleeping, y'all. The current Tournament objective is to obtain valuable items from Scours. This is a Tournament based on RNG (Randomly Generated Numbers), or, in other words, based on luck. For years, Tournament objectives like this one have annoyed me. And this has somewhat become the last straw, especially because the top prize is a brand-new Exclusive Egg. The reason why I want RNG-based Tournaments removed is because they don't really reward you for effort you put into it. Instead, you have to be lucky you get Boxes (which give you five points each) and hope your Pokémon don't come back with "Nothing!". Furthermore, RNG Tourneys punish you for not being on PokéFarm, even if it's just a few hours. The only reason I was on the Leaderboard for two days was because I only slept for 4 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday each. As soon as I slept for a normal 8 hours, I got kicked off the Leaderboard... And now I likely can't get back on it, no matter how hard I try to. RNG Tournaments aren't fun at all. They're annoying, unpredictable, and boring. When the top prize isn't an Egg I need, I only barely hit the Hard goal for five Tournament Tokens on purpose, because I know I won't place in the Leaderboard anyway. And now I can't even get the new Egg without spending a crap load of money on additional Tokens from other players, all because Sally decided to be an ass towards me. You've got to look at it like this: imagine if the Tournament objective was to hatch as many Shinies as you can. Would you see that as a good objective? I definitely wouldn't, because even with full boosts, getting Shinies is based on chance. There's absolutely no guarantee you'll get Shinies at all, and your effort may not be rewarded. I call for a complete removal of RNG Tourneys. This includes Scours and Berry harvesting. The reason why I'm against Berry harvesting as well is because despite it requiring a bit more effort than Scour Tournaments, it also punishes you for not being on PFQ for a while. You need to water your plants once in a while to keep them healthy. If you fail to do that, you'll get less Berries and/or your plants will die. Of course, there's Mulch to compensate for inactivity, but during Tournaments, they help way too little. I firmly don't believe that there can be compromises here. The nature of RNG Tournaments is problematic in itself, no matter how much one tries to change them. However, I don't mind hearing suggestions. If you have better ideas, feel free to share them. Positive points: - Punishes players less. - Makes it more fair for everyone. Negative points: - New types of Tournaments may have to be invented to replace RNG Tournaments. I don't see this as an issue, though, because I believe new Tournament objectives were long overdue. But I felt like I could add this point.
forum avatar is furina from genshin impact
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page