PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

moodawdaw's Avatarmoodawdaw
@novan-chan thank you for replying! :D it seriously helps anyway, i understand the ears and tufts better, especially with the concept art. i think that maybe releasing new sprites (revamps, new mons, new forms, etc) with the concept art would be helpful? it helps to show the thought process behind it because being slapped with the final can be a bit scrambling sometimes, seen with how a lot of people jump when new sprites come out including me lol. about the tufts, i think them in the concept art /are/ really really cute. but i dont think it translated well into the sprite, i think they look a bit odd with them being stuck together. maybe if the two tufts were separated to be more like two whiskers (one single tuft more towards the top of the cheek and one single tuft more more towards the bottom of the cheek), but thats just me, hope thats not too nitpicky lol i agree with nightmon about the forehead being oddly flat/plain, it works on shinx because its a softer blue and it works on buisel because there is not a lot of open forehead on it, but shinxel is a bright orange with a big forehead which can make it obvious and look almost a bit unfinished, especially when its side-by-side its evos. i wouldnt argue against the forehead-eyebrows being brought back instead of the eyelid-eyebrows but.... the forehead highlight would probably be the only essential change besides also relining the eyelid like you said, i hope you can do so at some point ^^

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

I agree with Moodawdaw, shinx doesn't need to be change. I'll try to explain why too!

Sprite comparaison!

sprite from platium, since they share the same pose I thought it would make it simplier to compare them
All from the PFQ Pokedex unless precised otherwise
Compare to shinx, shinxel seems to have a smaller head, there is also a lot going on its face compare to shinx sprite. Shinx have an all blue face with big ears and a darker shade who make its face pop up. Luxio and luxray having now black on their face, a lighter shade is added to add more depth. -cut-
nightmon explains it good! the regular shinx sprite is not the problem here and doesnt need any change. for shinxel, since orange becomes the black that needs the highlight, shinxel needs the highlight too (if that makes sense!) as well as for the reasons above.
about cramorant and pokemon with the same gimic, i feel like fun should sometimes trump realism. if it catches the first thing it sees, whats stopping the low chance that a regular might find a melanistic? or at least a shiny or albino? i get the logic, but sometimes logic is less enjoyable. i just at the very least dont want cramorant to be changed and im sure others feel the same xD thank you for answering about the apoc. sprites! im so happy to hear they werent scrapped and im really excited to see the whole set when its done ^__^ (again, i seriously love the new apoc growlithe sprite) anyways again thanks for replying, it helps to see what the original artists were thinking and i am excited to see more sprites get updated so thank you, cheers!
☆○o。  。o○☆ wwwwwww icon is offical kimetsu no yaiba art ☆○o。  。o○☆
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page