PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > Implementing A 'Block' Feature >

Szarkai's AvatarSzarkai
master.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Colorful

This is generally @Whit fyi! Though I would like to hear others ideas on a spam box instead of just the DMs being deleted? I think a spam box could be a good suggestion, its a decent compromise. I'm just generally not sure how many people are really that against the idea of PMs just not going through, I suppose. I know for sure you are, Whit, and that's fine, but I'm kind of thinking about majority kinda thing here. Also, other peoples criticisms of how you speak are completely valid. Even if they don't maintain perfect composure like I try too. I agree with most of them, that some of your comments come off as incredibly uncomfortable and at least mildly guilt trippy, and that it's difficult to have a discussion with you without just bending over to your insistence that you're being wronged, hurt, or invalidated in some way -- it's frustrating and exhausting. For the most part, this feature is just kind of going to be a "too bad" kind of thing in a lot of ways. Of course I'd like to try and compromise as much as I can with you and others who may share your concern, but sometimes it's just not fully possible. If there are people who are using the block feature to en mass exclude you, or if they have found a way to weaponize it, I would seriously hope that you're comfortable reporting to staff and having them help out in some way. You should not be harassed and attacked. But if people are uncomfortable with you, or find they dislike speaking with you, and they're not spreading around hate lists or trash talking you, not talking behind your back, and they block you... that's something you're just going to have to deal with. Both on PFQ and off.
If you wouldn't mind explaining in DMs what is coming off as which, I wouldn't mind offering apologies. Communication is not my strong suit and i acknowledge that. Edit: though, i will say... why is telling me to 'deal with it' okay, when i got flack earlier because others assumed I was telling them to 'deal with it?' it does seem a tad hypocritical. furthermore if someone was an abuser in the past: do they not have the repsonsibility, capacity, and right to change? Again, if said wrongdoer ceases their behavior and isn't breaking any rules, what grounds does someone have to exclude them from a thread in the forums? Why punish someone indefinitely for a crime that gets a temporary sentece?
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page