PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > Implementing A 'Block' Feature >

Vixony An's AvatarVixony An
master.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Doduo

The only compromise I’d have would be that if I hosted a Type Race Thread (which in all honesty I ain’t gonna) they’ll still be able to post in it since it’s part of a community event, and they’d also be able to post in a joint shop if I’m not the owner** of the thread since the owner might not have any issues with them, I just don’t want them talking to me. **This may still cause issues because even if I was the owner of the joint shop, my friends I’m co-owning with may not have any issues with someone I have blocked, so there may need to be a compromise on the joint shop end as well, though I’d greatly prefer a blocked person not being able to comment on any of my singular use trade threads or non joint shops (trades, art, etc) if the joint shop thing just isn’t feasible or ‘fair’ on that end.
If the thread owners block list decides who can and can't post in a joined shop, that could cause issues. @Staff is it possible to add an "advanced" settings menu either to user profiles or the threads themselves? The purpose of the advanced menu would be customizing who is blocked from the creators threads and which threads they're blocked from. A. Profile The ability to go to the advanced block settings and block the user in specific threads created by you. You can both block and unblock users from joined shops in this menu. B. Thread Advanced thread settings, you can enter usernames to block from each individual thread. Downside? If it tracks the username rather than the user ID, a username change could get past this. Furthermore if a new user chooses a username on the block list they'd be blocked from the thread. The joined shop owners can discuss which users to block/unblock from their block list in the thread. Additionally if a user is blocked from a thread and tries to post, does the post get hidden or are they unable to post? That wouldn't be an issue if the blocked user can't see the threads they're blocked from at all. The blocked user wouldn't even know they're blocked unless another user sends them a link to a thread they can't access. Scenario/example regarding permissions. User A and B have a joined shop and have agreed not to block user C from posting in the shop. User C is on user B's block list. User C posts in the shop. Ideally user B would see user C's post a hidden post they can open. Individual users block permissions shouldn't be overridden by the thread whether you're the owner of the thread or not. User B should see all user C's posts as hidden posts no matter what forum or thread they are in.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page