PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > Implementing A 'Block' Feature >

QUOTE originally posted by Whit

My two cents: Don’t affect the forums at all. It is a shared space and people have the right to be heard. Be the bigger person and say a polite ‘no thanks’ if someone you dislike posts in a trade shop or something.
See the issue I personally have with this is if I block someone, it’s for a reason (like I’m not gonna block you (Whit) just bc our opinions may differ kind of thing) but I will block someone (not you) if they’ve harassed me or worse, but that’s just how I’d personally prefer to deal with it. Like if I block someone because they’ve been nothing but horrible to me and caused me a great deal of stress, I don’t wanna see that person ever posting in my threads. The only compromise I’d have would be that if I hosted a Type Race Thread (which in all honesty I ain’t gonna) they’ll still be able to post in it since it’s part of a community event, and they’d also be able to post in a joint shop if I’m not the owner** of the thread since the owner might not have any issues with them, I just don’t want them talking to me. Ideally I’d love to just hard block someone from commenting on any of my forum stuff but am willing to compromise to allow them to comment on Type Race Threads, Joint Shops (that I didn’t initially make) and other stuff that is community related. Another example; if they left the Contests Forums open and they wanted to enter a Contest I was hosting, I’d decline them. If I dislike someone for a big enough reason such as harassment then I don’t want you (a general ‘you’, not you yourself) around me, you know? I wouldn’t like, stop you (as in, yourself) from entering a contest I make just because we may have different opinions kind of thing. **This may still cause issues because even if I was the owner of the joint shop, my friends I’m co-owning with may not have any issues with someone I have blocked, so there may need to be a compromise on the joint shop end as well, though I’d greatly prefer a blocked person not being able to comment on any of my singular use trade threads or non joint shops (trades, art, etc) if the joint shop thing just isn’t feasible or ‘fair’ on that end.

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
m.pngsummon_mol.png×7/1000summon_mol.pngm.png

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page