PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Caps & Mints

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected > Caps & Mints >

Please no. This would break already almost non existent IV market and ruin IV breeders. 1. Getting +180IV pokemon with right nature is extremely easy, and a lot of IV breeders give out 5IVs for free. So instead of buying a fairly expensive 6IV from a breeder (who spent a lot of time and effort trying to hatch it), you can just get 5IV for free and use items to max out it's IVs and/or change nature, making 6IV hunts pointless. 2. How can you tell mints or caps weren't used? Because if you couldn't tell from looking at it in someone's field, people would be able to sell 6IVs, I buy and try to breed them only to realise, hey, they have been IV boosted so I can't IV breed them properly. 3. During spars, pokemon are set to LV50 meaning that max IVs don't give that big of a boost. A lot of factors are at play when it comes to spars and max IV isn't making that big of a change, especially if you say want pokemon with low speed and nature that decreases speed. No need for 6IV in that case. (I can provide examples if needed?) Besides, leveling to 100 has nothing to do with spars or training. 4. Natures do give quite a nice boost but again it will devalue the actual work that goes into IV breeding, making it literally too easy to get what you want. And on top of that you are unable to breed it. Having a pokemon you only battle with without the ability to breed it, in my opinion, makes it less valuable. It's only good for one thing, while my 6IV with right nature I spent a lot of time in getting can both IV and nature breed. :D 5. Destiny Knot already has issues with sometimes not passing down 5IVs if taken out despite parents holding it as the egg was created and adopted, and on extremely rare occasions not passing down any at all. I feel like this would just cause more problems when it comes to IV breeding in terms of what can be correctly passed down.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

It's not exactly intended, but it's how it's coded. It was the best I could do and now we're stuck with it.
6. It was already rejected.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

This is something I have thought about a great deal, but I'm hesitant to do it. As a Breeder, it's kind of your "in-story" purpose to breed the best Pokémon you can. Hyper Training would kind of detract from that, and frankly I don't agree with that feature being added to Sun/Moon in the first place. And yes, I would have to separately track "real IVs" as compared to "boosted IVs", but that's not the reason for declining this suggestion. Consider also that you have Wishforge Badges beyond Wishalloy to get better IVs. This applies to Legends too. The only way I could see this being implemented would be to have it incredibly rare, which wouldn't be worth it because at some point just breeding the IVs would be easier.
So please no. Just go find IV breeders or make a thread asking for high or 5IV bred pokemon with right nature. I know a lot of IV breeders, myself included, who have full fields of 5 and 6IV pokemon with great natures that can't be sold because there is a lack of interest.
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page