PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > Implementing A 'Block' Feature >

Kinshine's AvatarKinshine

QUOTE originally posted by XIIIBlackCatXIII

I would like to ask a mod for a third time then, if they could provide us with some sort of idea what could and could not be implemented with the block feature, so we can stop these pointless arguments. But also, if it has been decided that the block feature will happen, then this is currently the wrong place to be discussing the fine tuning of it, as the basis of this thread is about whether or not people want a block feature. I feel that a discussion on how to implement a block feature would be best created elsewhere and probably advertised so you can get the opinions of those who aren't in this thread for whatever reasons, so people don't join in on this thread to show support or dissent and then argue a moot point that brings up more arguments. We here are under the impression that the addition of this feature is still being decided. If I am wrong, correct me, but please don't expect us to know what's been decided when most of the input we have gotten from those in charge has given us no direction.
I might not be a mod, but it has been decided they are trying very hard with the coding, if anyone going talk about the coding that be Neit, not the mods. He is the one that codes everything so I think he be the one to speak up fully about what can and can't be on the site. (I don't think the mods mess with the coding or can even see it unless the coder/s show it from experience of being a mod / admin other places) Also I believe, Mod - Cele stated a few things about how the website works and how its branched off where it would lead to issues so that gives us some idea how it be somewhat. But a nice list would be good to see so everyone can talk about it in a more clearer view point. However if we cant discuss here where would it be moved to? Can't see where else we all as players / mods can talk about a feature that's not on the site yet. (whicth be in this section... unless there is another place we could talk about it then please tell me cause I have no idea where else it could be placed besides the news and that would only happen when it fully is set in motion.) Plus, its not just about if or not if a person wants a block feature, but also what typing it is. Because many sites have different blocking methods... so I say it be under the same same branch instead of having multi-threads that confuse more people. The mods are trying to see which feature and ideas will be best to fit the coding right now as it looks like the coding can't handle things just like Mod: Amanome stated below. (As well as Cele has stated too about lag with the shelter / ect)

QUOTE originally posted by Amanome

To be honest, PFQ was not built to handle a blocking feature - that alone would be enough of a reason for us to continuously reject this suggestion. Instead, we've left the thread open and are doing everything in our power to find a way to make this work in our system because it's a feature that a vast majority of users want and something we want to provide for you guys.
If it can't be placed on this site then we might see it implied like many other things in PfQNew. - I don't think it is fully decided, but with what the mods are stating they are working on something there not just sitting and watch from the sidelines. They are really working hard on this subject plus in fact all the reports and other stuff mods have to do on a day to day basis that no one ever sees.
Avatar by: Nettle Bee | Pixel by: Bufuserk
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page